3 on TQ3

iceman

Thanks icemand and PLAYAHRD for the awesome report. We are headed up tomorrow to start a loop to Sept isles, and based on your reporte, we CANT WAIT!!. Up Bas St Laurent, cross the Matane ferry then to sept isles, down through charlexoix crossing by trailer at Quebec city and back...

Bonus ride today

From the house over to St. Ubalde had a great pizza and returned home 120 miles. Looking good out there. Home just in time for the weekend rush to start. Perfect.

Boys are southbound. Thanks for a great week Playhard and BillD. Thanks for delivering my ride to Moto Thibault (spa for sleds) for her massage and checkup. She will be serviced and ready by monday afternoon.

Next week where to? Hmmm decisions, decisions?????

Thanks for the report. Thinking of doing the "tour de cormfort" in Charlevoix end of february with the wife .Maybe Linda and her hubby.Never have done much riding in that area . Always just passing thru. Markusvt has given me a few ideas.Looking forward to it.

what the F, well I had a bunch more photos but..................................................

says "uploading is not allowed"

uploaded 4 pictures then will not let me upload any more.

somebody got a clue why this is?

anyone?

is this site supported by software from an old TRS 80 or what?

what is the major malfunction here?

probably can upload old VHS tapes no problem.

getting pissed off

markusvt! Thanks bunches for the d'Orleans tip! It was so fun island hopping. Just finding the #300 feeder trail off of #3 was an adventure (which wouldn't have happened without GPS). It was definitely your inspiration that drove us to push through the few miles of lumpies to get to the gnarly shore of the seaway, and then to hunt n peck the ice heaves along scarce wind-blown tracks, then getting a little encouragement from the zigging-zagging skinny twigs stuck in the ice (not exactly the straight line of red sticks one hopes to see)...

THEN VOILA!! We're literally in another world, but back into perfect conditions like we had all week. it was a big "HUH?!" when we came around the topside of the island trail and the mainland came back into view but there was BIG OPEN WATER between us and the real-world?! Plenty more miles down the "bike path" and we got back to our nav point on the #300. Everything you could want from an Island getaway without all that greasy Coppertone!

Edited by PLAYHARD

Bonus ride today

From the house over to St. Ubalde had a great pizza and returned home 120 miles. Looking good out there. Home just in time for the weekend rush to start. Perfect.

Boys are southbound. Thanks for a great week Playhard and BillD. Thanks for delivering my ride to Moto Thibault (spa for sleds) for her massage and checkup. She will be serviced and ready by monday afternoon.

Next week where to? Hmmm decisions, decisions?????

I know "it's not all about the miles", but... This is the first time (thanks to the bonus/pizza loop) that Bill or I have cracked 1,700 in one ride.

Thanks Iceman for taking the-point. For sure there's the trade-off of the fun of being first on a fresh groom or seeing more Bambis, against the WHOA?!? of Zippies who think buying a whole trail pass entitles them to the whole trail.

Bons moments for sure.

Nice shots guys, very rare pics of sled trails on Les Isles aux Coudres indeed.

Crossing frozen brackish water very dangerous glad to see you guys navigated well and made the crossing.

BTW what's up with the Tou-Tou does someone need a friend at night?

Nice shots guys, very rare pics of sled trails on Les Isles aux Coudres indeed.

Crossing frozen brackish water very dangerous glad to see you guys navigated well and made the crossing.

BTW what's up with the Tou-Tou does someone need a friend at night?

Not dangerous at all. Just keep your eyes peeled for the green/#300 off #3 to get to the shore. It wasn't marked and just a whooped out goat trail for 3 miles.

Once you're at the shore the seaway is TOTALLY frozen. You just need to slowly wind your way along the tracks & twigs in the ice. It's definitely worth it. At least once. There's all you need on the isle too, auberges, gas, restos. Enjoy.

The #300 is 4.8 mi est of #369, or 12.6 ouest of St Anne...

http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?unit=mi&lat=46.969423&lng=-71.118305&zoom=11&force=1&ewaypoints=4690861,-7122917,3939,7519,10372,19191&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

• 2 weeks later...

The sign should be here at Sept Isles.

Just got Intel from a group who rode to

Havre St Pierre then it was so bad to get there they took a trailer back to Sept Isles cause they would not ride it back.

Decisions made back to the west.

Havre St. Pierre and beyond remains out of reach. Oh well a good reason to come back again. Well, I made it to Minagan last weekend. ran out of daylight to make it the last 35 miles past where it ends being maintained. Massive power line with 4 huge towers I have ever seen, bring power out of Labrador. is the trail. Rode back to Sept Isles through that power line in the storm last weekend stake to stake.They only use one stake and some stick poles with ribbons on them. Little hairy ,to say the least since that power must be 800 yrds across. Think Im winning the bottle of Jack so far :drinks:Gas 35 clicks from Minigan. Ive got 6 -7 pic's of Iceman decals. But rode 1850 miles in 5 1/2 days from Mt St Ann (ski area) to Minigan back down up 93 to Alma back down 23- 83 to truck. Stopped @ delta late breakfast see if anybody around. But it was between breakfast +lunch. Went to Tim Hortons next door. For some reason cant load pic.The are on my Fb page.

Edited by momojohnny

Thanks, love to bump into you some day :drinks:

There is a small motel with only 6 rooms motel in Minganie Little store with gas and a resturant.

Motel was full, 3 guys from Ont + a women and 2 men from NH. People from NH where on a 2 week tour. One of the guys from NH told he had been to the very end twice (cant remember how many yrs ago he told me) . 35 miles from Miniganie the grooming stops. You have to ride the road for 15 -20 clicks and your on a groomed trail to the end. The local map said the same thing showed an interruption in the system. Then some sort of maintenance. He wasent a kid and seem to know what he was talking about. There was another small motel that was full. We meet Yvon @ the store and he let us stay in his house.

post-318-0-10711600-1392908274_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-50153800-1392908464_thumb.jpg

Contest end's @ end of the season. FYI, Jack is more expensive than Crown Royal, buy 2 bucks @ a store I was checking out some where. Look hard, he is a tricky :diablo: ........... :drinks:

I certainly am that.

• 2 years later...