After the gathering, Westward bound

Jackstraw

After a successful gathering at the Gouin we saddled up and headed to Parent then Clova

Via the roads thanks to trailblazer and a fresh snowfall made it to Clova by 11

Early lunch and said or good byes and 3 of us left for Val Dor . JG , 420

Eddie and Mike went down the lepine road. Made it to Val Dor 330 miles for the day

At the forestel for the night. It was great meeting new Qr's and had a blast!

Looks like Tom is taking phil 1's place in off trail antics! Lol!

Looks lSounds like an awesome after the Gathering Day!!

The Vermont 6 headed out of Gouin to Parent had lunch at Fer Cheval ending up for the night at Mekoos. Lots of snow squalls, loved Trail 13 my first time on it. Low snow at Mekoos due to previous rain but dinner & hot tub hit the spot!

post-1752-0-13661500-1393209940_thumb.jpg

post-1752-0-68899200-1393210040_thumb.jpg

Was great meeting Prox1138, Tundrafreak & all the Vermontsters! That snow bank looks a little cold guys. Major shrinkage factor eh?

Wonderful hanging & riding with Trailblazer, Big Mike, EddieSkidoo, Dave (420). Fun stuff guys!

Enjoy the rest of your rides everyone & get home safely!

Best,

Tom

Great day today, left the Forestel up towards Lasarre, stopped at the doo and Yamaha dealer for a bulb for Tom

And Eric's handle snapped for reverse. Got the bulb but the handle no good.

Headed down the 93 to do parquet for lunch where we ran into snowfarmer and his wife.

Crossed into Ontario at notra dame du nord for A quick Ontario visit and on to ville Marie at the motel Louise

Trails all mint no traffic maybe 10 sleds. Tomorrow down to temiscaming and the new trail to rapides de Joachim

137 miles between fuel. The 1200's should make it. The apex? We shall see!

280 miles for the day

Edited by Jackstraw

I see it was an overcast day in the Abitabi, we were lucky this morning to have partly sunny blue skys for the ride home.

I know that little relais very well been there several times

Keep us updated on the outcome of the new trail between Temiscamange and Rapides des Joachin would love to try it someday.

If the trails are hard as nails then the Apex should make it with the spare fuel but with that kind've distance in back country, even for the Doos all of you should carry extra gas a windshield bottle or two, you never know what kind've adventure is waiting for you.

Good luck guys

JG

Edited by Trailblazer

I see it was an overcast day in the Abitabi, we were lucky this morning to have partly sunny blue skys for the ride home.

I know that little relais very well been there several times

attachicon.gifSDC10296 (Medium).JPG

Keep us updated on the outcome of the new trail between Temiscamange and Rapides des Joachin would love to try it someday.

That's close to my playground...I want to do that one!

Yes, please let us know the 'scoop' on that one.

Linda

Left Hotel Louise in Ville Marie after breakfast & headed south on TQ63. Got gas in Kipawa (don't miss this gas stop!) & took the new (old?) reopened trail to Rapides-des-Joachims. 120 miles between gas stops. Took 31.5 litres in my Apex. Didn't need to add any spare fuel on the trip. Great trail. Do it if you get the chance. Continued down TQ43 to Fort Coulonge & am lodging at Motel du Vieux Pont. Great day! 297 miles.

Edited by Florida Snowman

Okay,

Another beautiful day in Quebec,

Left Ville Marie on the 63 towards Temiscamining, trail mint the whole way to Kipawa

The last fuel before the new trail, 60 miles. Fueled up and headed, on says 220k to rdj

You take the lake for 6 miles before the trail, I think that knocks off some KM

We pulled into RDJ for fuel at 121 miles, of course we all made it.

Trail fast in the beginning, twisties in the middle fast at the end. Funny we seen all most as many sleds on that trail then the day before Some where in the twisties one of the bolts snapped to the carbides .

Really tough steering . Made it down to Fort Coulgnie very little signage, and found fuel and a shop that could weld the stud back to the carbide all is good once again. Checked into a motel with no one there. Have to call the owner and he gives you the pin code to the room

After a credit card number. Never seen that before! Trails here hard packed from

the rain. Headed North tomorrow to deeper snow. 280 miles for the day

Hey Jesse,

I need a 163" track with 3" paddles with an 800cc 2 smoker & let the off trail adventures begin!

or option 2 a good buddy in the early 40's with one in front when needed. Just dont know what person that could be?

Be safe and enjoy your time