Last minute trip gaspe

dogcop

i am looking to leave with 3 others out of jackman maine on wed morning drive to riviere du loop,then? looking to ride approx 220-250 a day,not sure where that puts us or if there is a trip that is pre mapped for 5 days from riviere du-loop. any input would be great.

i am looking to leave with 3 others out of jackman maine on wed morning drive to riviere du loop,then? looking to ride approx 220-250 a day,not sure where that puts us or if there is a trip that is pre mapped for 5 days from riviere du-loop. any input would be great.

I did the loop last week with 4 others. We arrived on Sunday the 16th after they received about 90cm of snow. It was awesome. We left from Pte a la Croix. I've done a lot of riding in Maine and 225-250 p/day is easy. IMO to do that on the northshore of the Gaspe is a bit aggressive. There are a lot of narrow windy trails and a lot of long climbs and descents that will limit your speed. Besides, this part of the Gaspe is so beautiful you may want to decrease your typical daily mileage (again, just my opinion). The south shore and the primary North/South routes you can easily do 225 p/day or more. Anyway, along the perimeter there are lots of villages for gas and hotels, some we stayed in and I'd recommend are the Riotel in Matane, the hotel Mont St Pierre in Mont St Pierre, the Adams in Gaspe (well marked access from trail), the Hotel Baie Bleue in Carleton -Sur-Mer very close to trail.

Also consider instead of doing "a loop," spending a day or 2 riding the interior, for example the picture trail from Murdochville to LaCashe. (I don't remember the number). Let me know if I can answer any specific questions. I'm sure you'll get a lot more helpful responses. Have fun.

Edited by ODog

It depends - mostly on the weather - and that can be a BIG factor. IF No big storms - 5 days is doable.

Personally, rather than go strictly all the way around the "tip" I would go from RDL east on TQ5 then down 595 at St Paulin and then either cut across on the interior trail to 597 and north or to the end of 595 at New Richmond then back west to 597 then north to Murdochville + Mt. St. Piere. Much more scenic IMO To see "The Rock" you should plan to add Perce' to the itinerary

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

I met up with Dogcop and his partner at the Universal Bar. His buddy's Yamaha is down for the count. They completed the Gaspie loop. Also met the NY group about to embark on the Gaspie. Way too many laughs and too much vin blanc.! Great evening, way too much fun, hopefully will be sober to drive home in the morning. Thanks for a fantastic evening.

mike

did the trip jackman maine to rdl 300 miles, to st anne des mont 300 miles, to hotel chandler via murdocville 200 miles over to perce and back to chandler 100 miles, to amqui 300 miles, to rdl 200 miles and back to jackman 300 miles. total miles 1694 approx. 150 gallons of fuel 2 gallons of oils my 2012 Polaris pro r 800 switchback made the trip flawless. I would like to thank all the people on this site that help making decisions easy with their input. a special thank to all the groomers that made the trails a 10 the hole trip. due to the Yamaha breakdown I was unable to meet up with groomer (hopefully next trip) oh yeah I did say the next trip because this is a trip well worth making