GPS - Layouts and waypoints

rob

Rob right now Garmin is not a type of file allowed to upload in the invision settings can you guys adjust that.

What are the extensions in the files you are trying to upload? (the letters after the dot at end? like filename.xxx)

Rob

New to the GPS class, I too would like to have a place for GPSing. I'm trying to learn more about using my Garmin 60csx and being able to read, ask and share

gets a :good: (just my .02)

Thanks

Bob

RFM, just go do some loops and save the tracks............we'll take it from there :good:

They can be converted in most cases I believe, I dont know Robs policy on links but if you want I have a site that converts and visualizes if you need it.

Feel free to post the link :good:

Wife got me a Garmin 60CSX for Xmas and the Toponav Quebec trail maps. We tried to download the maps several times with no success. I am not techno savvy so anyone who would be willing and able to lend some help it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone in the Albany NY area? Thanks in advance.

I downloaded that map and it looks perfect. It lays over your base map and doesn't erase the area because it has clear background. I asked him if it was ok to link to it haven't heard back. Very complete and accurate from what I can see and he has been doing maps for other areas for a while and everyone who uses them seems to praise his work so it should be ok.

I'm working on my Quebec trail map adding trail numbers and color coding the trails as trans-Quebec, regional or local.

I've got the western 1/3 done...trans-Quebec trails will be blue/white border with square shaped floating trail numbers, regional trails will be green/white border with rounded shaped floating trail numbers and local trails will be magenta/white border.

Here's a screenshot from a 276c showing how it will look.

QBGPSScreen.jpg

I'm working on my Quebec trail map adding trail numbers and color coding the trails as trans-Quebec, regional or local.

I've got the western 1/3 done...trans-Quebec trails will be blue/white border with square shaped floating trail numbers, regional trails will be green/white border with rounded shaped floating trail numbers and local trails will be magenta/white border.

Here's a screenshot from a 276c showing how it will look.

QBGPSScreen.jpg

RWS, Glad you made it over. Welcome in. Question, I loaded your previous Qc map in my 60cs. How can I load your new one and will it delete the base map?

Go into windows add/remove programs and delete the QC map you have on your computer now. Then just download his new one and start over again. Every time you load a new map set onto your garmin, it will erase the old one, but not your basemap.