GPS - Layouts and waypoints

rob

Hi Alain.  We went by Bernieres in the truck last week on our way to Lac St Jean.  There was construction in the big parking lot and Sandi did not see the lock up for the trucks.  I don't know if you were planning on using it, but it may no longer be available.

Happy riding.

Jack & Sandi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if the latest Tilou Biscuit Mapset can be made to use as an overlay that is transparent?  It seems to block out my topo basemapping.  Using Garmin Mapsource and/or Basecamp and a Garmin Montana 650t.  Thanks.

Ike

I have been trying to load the 2017 map version onto my Montana 650, I have the 2016 version on it already. When I load it through map source it says it has loaded but then I don't see it as a choice. I only see the 2016 version to pick from. I am reluctant to remove the 2016 version until I have the new one installed. Do I have to remove the 2016 map before I can see the new one?

Nope.  Both maps are part of the package for 2015 and up I think one is mainly the trails one is mainly the overlays both get loaded at the same time and most GPS's the older versions will be removed automatically.  Use base camp, way better at most things then map source. Two clicks and the new maps will be on your GPS.

Edited by markusvt

I got it!  I cut and pasted the directions from the PDF (in French) into Google Translate and was able to figure it out.  There are two maps in the set.  The one block with the text "Sentiers Motoneige Quebec" just has the trails in it with a transparent background.  If you already have a background map that you want to use, just pick that block; otherwise if you pick BOTH blocks of maps to transfer you will get their generic background map that will overlay what you already have effectively blocking out or covering your existing / preferred base map.  At least this is what I've found on my Garmin Montana 650t.

Ike

2 minutes ago, attacker said:

Does anybody if the same maps that are good for the Garmin montana will work for the Garmin Zumo 660.

Yes, they will work, but if you haven't bought the Zumo yet, I would suggest stick with the Montana.

Chk out the threads on Dootalk.

GW

New Update as of 2/6/2017

Snowmobile trail Tilou Biscuit version 2017 v9.01

Edited by markusvt

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everybody, I need a little expertise.

I'm trying to put the maps on a garmin gps I've downloaded all the up to date map files and basecamp here's my problem.

The only map I can load on the gps has the background behind the trails, which looks like it is the Senteirs Motoneige 2017 v9.01 disk image file. When I go to basecamp that's the only one that shows up in maps dropdown menu. Now reading on this thread I'm getting the idea there should be 2 files one with background and one without.

I've also just right clicked on the file and "send to garmin" and then put the file in the map folder without even using basecamp and that works too but I can't seem to find the file without the background.

Any help would be great.

Thanks