GPS - Layouts and waypoints

rob

Ya I didn't use basecamp I just put the files in the maps section on my Garmin, same place as the old ones were. I will try it with basecamp but I may just have a bad download or something I can see the maps they are just gray. Funny thing is when I delete them and just drag and drop the old ones no problem all works fine, I love playing with this kind of stuff reminds of the old days hacking satellite TV. Thanks for the response guys Ill let you know how it works out but know its back to watching the Cains Quest race dots.

• 6 months later...

Any fellow QR ride with a NS1 Guage/GPS?

I am pretty close to jumping aboard for 18/19 winter...however just wondering if there has been any Quebec tests over the past year or two. I will be riding a new High Country and it sounds like they are more Cat friendly then other brands at the moment.

It’s a sweet concept, however I wish it would hook up with Inreach in place of gotenna.

Snowmobile Trails Maps for Garmin GPS

Map Trails Snowmobile 2018 v10.2 

The map is still available on PC, Mac, Android, and is compatible with Garmin GPS. 

Here are the links where you can recover the files. 

For PCs Trails Snowmobile PC
    For Macs Trails Snowmobile Mac
         For Android Trails Snowmobile Android
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

• 3 weeks later...
For Android, the program used is OruxMaps, here is the procedure to follow. 

1 - From your phone or tablet, with the browser go to the site 
OruxMaps and download the free application. http://www.oruxmaps.com/cs/en/ 

Picture

2 - Install the OruxMaps program in your device. There is also a paid version from Google Play. 
3 - Then copy the file Sentiers Motoneige v10.2A.img in the directory oruxmaps / mapfiles which has just been created in your device. 
4 - For more information on OruxMaps, go to http://www.oruxmaps.com/ you can consult the manual in PDF format. 

Picture

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, haven't been here in some time and have forgotten most of my GPS knowledge from when Rob started this thread. So I just got a Lowrance Elite 5Ti for sled use. It looks like it is able to take several map options. I have been riding primarily in Maine for the last decade, mostly off trail up towards the Allagash. Does anyone know where to find good detailed topo maps compatible with Lowrance for back country poking around?

• 4 weeks later...

Map Trails Snowmobile 2019 v11.0 

The map is still available on PC, Mac, Android, and is compatible with Garmin GPS. 

For PCs Trails Snowmobile PC
    For Macs Trails Snowmobile Mac

There is a problem with basecamp 4.7 not loading the maps on gps correctly. Dont update it. If you did, uninstall 4.7, download 4.62 and reinstall. Make sure you also uninstall mapinstall program. Mine did not get removed with basecamp uninstall. then reinstall basecamp 4.62. That will also install older version of mapinstall thats used by basecamp to install maps. All your stuff should still be there. now remove the maps from the gps that got screwed up, reboot, reinstall. you should be good.

https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=62468

http://www.gawisp.com/perry/mapsource/

I just had this problem with my Maine maps and I was able to load my Maine trail map package by dragging the maps on to the root directory of my Montana 600 (Reveal in Finder then drag a copy).   The Map Install option does not appear in the BaseCamp 4.7 menu tree. I hope it’s a bug and not a “feature”. 

Garmin has needed some new human interface engineers for some time now. 

Mapsource doesn’t work on all Garmins especially newer ones. I run a cheap Nuvi and have to use basecamp. Mapsource won’t connect. I liked mapsource much better than basecamp but it is what it is. The maps will display fine in basecamp 4.7, they just won’t transfer correctly. I would like to think it’s a mistake by Garmin but this problem with 3rd Party maps has been known about since at least May 18 and they haven’t corrected it. There may be a better fix than not updating basecamp to 4.7 or reverting back if you did the update, but I haven’t found it. I do run Trak maps on a SD card so didn’t need to go through all this, but the Biscuit maps have some of the Bush trails and ice crossings that trak maps does not. I don’t update trak maps every year either. So I run both, switch back and forth. 

On 12/8/2018 at 1:20 PM, S pump said:

Hi Guys, haven't been here in some time and have forgotten most of my GPS knowledge from when Rob started this thread. So I just got a Lowrance Elite 5Ti for sled use. It looks like it is able to take several map options. I have been riding primarily in Maine for the last decade, mostly off trail up towards the Allagash. Does anyone know where to find good detailed topo maps compatible with Lowrance for back country poking around?

So I mounted up the Elite Ti 5 really nice and secure and installed Topo Insight HD. Problem is, road names don't show and resolution is only fair. Does anybody know if there might be a setting to get better resolution and detail down to logging road names etc?

• 1 month later...

Map Trails Snowmobile 2019 v11.1 

For PC Trails Snowmobile PC
    For Mac Trails Snowmobile Mac
For PC, specially designed card for Garmin GPS cars such as Nuvi and Zumo

• 9 months later...

https://sites.google.com/site/scdiscdi/cartesgps/sentiersmotoneige

Quebec Snowmobile Trail Maps

Map Trails Snowmobile 2019 v11.2

This map is offered for free, available on PC, Mac, Android, and compatible with Garmin GPS.

For PC Trails Snowmobile PC
    For Mac Trails Snowmobile Mac

For PC, map specially designed for Garmin GPS cars
like the Nuvi and Zumo   PC Card (Nuvi / Zumo)

• 1 month later...
Snowmobile Trail Maps of Quebec

2020 Snowmobile Trail

Map v12.0 This map is free, available on PC, Mac and Android platforms, and compatible with Garmin GPS devices.

For PC Snowmobile Trails PC
    For Mac Mac Snowmobile Trails
         For Android Android Snowmobile Trails

For PC, card specially designed for Garmin GPS for cars
like the Nuvi and Zumo   PC Card (Nuvi / Zumo)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For PC users, you must first have Mapsource or BaseCamp installed on your computer.                                                

For those who do not have Mapsource or BaseCamp v4.7.1, you will find all the information necessary for its installation in the

PDF file which comes with the card or by consulting it at this address https://1drv.ms/b/s!AlrtCHHWCApwgz8YabRjMyfS3wLP?e=qVKVC1                     

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you don't want to install Mapsource or BaseCamp on your computer,
here is the map in gmapsupp.img file that you can send directly
in the Garmin directory of your GPS memory card.    gmapsupp.img
See the video that explains the procedure to follow. Video here                              

• 2 months later...

https://sites.google.com/site/scdiscdi/cartesgps/sentiersmotoneige

Snowmobile Trail Maps of Quebec

2020 Snowmobile Trail Map v12.1

This map is free, available on PC, Mac, Android platforms and is compatible with Garmin GPS devices.

Here are the links where you can get the different versions of the card.

The PC version https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlrtCHHWCApwg1il7iBHcPUkSGG7?e=BRsxvF 

This version consists of 2 cards. A poorly detailed background map of Quebec

and another transparent containing only the paths and the points.

It gives you the possibility of superimposing it on another card of your choice.

Its name suggests, it is designed for Mac computer users.

It is the same card as the PC version. Its installation method has been changed.

We have dropped the use of Javawa to make it available to all Mac versions.

Unlike the Mac and PC versions, this one is made up of a single card

which is not transparent for display reasons, because this type of GPS does not

does not support transparent maps well when using the route function.

This version can be installed on an Android tablet or phone.

It requires the use of the OruxMaps or Locus Map application.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...