Head on

iceman

Just a stones throw from me.

I really do not get how this happened perfectly straight trail and near the road crossing.

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-nouvelliste/justice-et-faits-divers/201403/01/01-4743772-grave-face-a-face-en-motoneige-a-notre-dame-du-mont-carmel.php

Someone passing another sled?

Texting while driving?

Two drivers not paying attention? :unknw:

Always watch out!

A couple of weeks ago I had a sled coming at me on my side, straight trail, daytime.

The driver was looking down or to the side and then when he looked up, he saw me and made a hard correction back to his side.

Scary!

Jack

last week or 2 weeks ago,read on french forum... 2 tourists crossing road 138 in forestville..

one of the guy was towing his friend....bad timing to cross road....the one who was towed has been struck by car or truck...

jean-guy

last week or 2 weeks ago,read on french forum... 2 tourists crossing road 138 in forestville..

one of the guy was towing his friend....bad timing to cross road....the one who was towed has been struck by car or truck...

jean-guy

Yeah I saw that too.

He did not make it. Killed.

Just found out about an hour ago that a friend of mine and a true warrior for our trail system here in Pennsylvania was killed on his snowmobile today back near his camp in North central PA. Don't have all the details but came around a corner on a joint use road and hit a parked truck cutting firewood. Unreal. How quick it all can happen. he was in his 60's, retired pilot, and a good man. RIP

http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.detail/id/549801/Snowmobiler-dies-in-accident.html?nav=5009

Sorry to hijac the thread. It just seemed ironic that I was on here and there was another story. I think the thing we can do most is realize that it can happen to anyone. Dick was 69 yrs old and did not ride fast (I picked on him because he rode a cat and I told him that he doesn't have to worry about going fast). Here's the story for anyone that want to know the details. The area is very close to my cabin in Pennsylvania and only a stone's throw from Dick's cabin. It will knock a notch or 2 off of my trails speeds from here on out. Ride safe everyone, you don't have to be riding like a nutcase to get hurt.

Gizz

Sad to learn of the death of your friend. The ex-pilot rang a bell for me. I think I met that gentleman on Zimmerman Road when I was riding with some of my buds near Tea Springs a couple of years ago. (this gentleman was on a cat). He was obviously an avid sledder.

Sad.

timbo

The Mont Carmel gent left quite a legacy: http://www.academielesestacades.ca/visite-360

This kind of news makes this decision feel right: My ride partner last week races quads cross-country (GNCC) flat-out-full-throttle on closed-courses with everyone going in one direction, but for his first Gaspesie tour I figured we'd both ride Vectors instead of bringing the Apex XTX. So, as expected, setting a sane pace and taking in the sights a bit are never something to regret.

Peace to all who've suffered senseless losses...