Team Iceman on the Gaspe

iceman

Day 1 sunday

Left RDL Sunday. Plan was to go to Sainte Anne. Tough tough going to say the least fierce wind and blowing white out snow made for a interesting go. Picked our way one pair of red sticks at a time(sometimes one stick) road crossings were the big thing. Could not see anything at times and just blind luck pulling out onto the road after coming down off the giant drifts at the roadside. Hairy. And stressfull. Just past Matane had an E-Tec go down. Had to re-group and head back to Matane.

After a trail meeting at Hotel we formed new plan.

Day 2 monday

Woke to still big gusting wind and crazy white out still. We found a rental Pickup truck and Scorpionbowl and I headed for RDL with the sick E-Tec. The rest of the guys made plans for what next and waited out the wind. Then they tried to go take a small ride out but 20 miles was like a war zone drifted and road crossings 4-5-6 feet tall at the snow banks. Unbroken hell. They came back.

Meanwhile in RDL we dropped the sickened E-Tec at Bombardier and headed to grab a spare bullet(sled) from the trailer. Thanks to Playhard the group will stay together and contnue on. Back in Matane now 6 strong. Wind is diminishing and hopes to make Murdochville are high for tues nght.

Conditions here snow wise are incredible like mid Feb. absolutely amazing the snow cover.

Weather wise, well it is the Gaspe and that is that. When is blows(wind) and snows it be tough to go anywhere. We shall see what tues. brings.

Iceman out.

Hey Don,

Sounds like the 67 mile rule got you guys on day one! Always seems like if something is going to happen on a trip it happens in the first 67 miles of the trip! Glad David had a spare sled in RDL to salvage the group ride.

Enjoy & be safe.

Say hi to the guys for me.

Best,

Tom

Hey Don,

Could you let me know if it's going to be cold and windy next week when we are there? Will everything be groomed? Is there a full Moon? Will Phil1 stay on the trail?

Let me know. LOL!

Edited by Jackstraw

Day 3 Tues.

Matane to Murdochville.

The Team was like a well oiled machine today. Great ride blue skies groomed trails except first 20 miles leaving Matane. Beautiful day to be on the sled. Made great time to lunch in Mount St. Pierre, took time to visit with Pierre at Yamaha and just say hello. Quite an ambassador that man and really working hard as president of the Snowmobile club to move into the future. Great things happening here.

Cruised on the 5 then to the 597 and down to Murdochville. Got in early so we took a bonus ride toward La Cache for an hour then turned back. Met the groomer from Club in Murdochville and got them all stickered up. Nice guys working hard so we don't have to.

A fine day to be on Gaspe. Note to self(we need to ride here more often)

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Edited by iceman

Hotel Copper gets the Team approval. Great hosts here Jacque and Bernard both speak some English and will make you feel right at home here. Great dinner and clean comfy rooms. If you passing here stay in Murdochville at Hotel Copper.

Day 4 Wed

Left Murdochville and backtracked to return to TQ5 est. Pure adrenaline and awesome blue sky again today. Made the run to Rivere Renard for gas then back on TQ5 and off to Perce to visit the Rock. Took lunch at Table Roland, (the homemade potato chips kick ass) took care of business in Perce and off like a prom dress lickity split direction Chandler. TQ5 all the way and she was a runner.

Great day today and we are sitting pretty at Motel Fraser in Chandler.

Off to see Mr Groomer for thurs night.

Keep your eyes peeled out here stickers are abundant.

Iceman out.

was there last fri am .... before the groomer went by.. took us 2hr to go 700feet ... if u look closely u,ll see skidoo parts on the shale where we were huggen the rocks the whole thing was a drift 8 to 12 feet high dave needs new side panels

It's ridiculous the amount of snow out here, with more on the way! And in the past 2 days we've seen more groomers on the trails than sleds. Around so many corners seeing beautiful trails of all shapes & sizes the voices in my helmet keep saying: "OH BOY THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!" (I may be in "the zone")

Edited by PLAYHARD

Keep'er going going guyz great ride so far

Your Murdock backtrack for gas why? Is there no gas in Murdockville?

I'll be out there next week counting stickers boys, in the mean time stay in the "ZONE"

attachicon.gifgaspesie canon 116.JPG

That was right before you were reserving our rooms with Gutz's credit card?

Ha!

L

Send me that number, I like suites with hot tubs

Day 4 Wed

Left Murdochville and backtracked to return to TQ5 est. Pure adrenaline and awesome blue sky again today. Made the run to Rivere Renard for gas then back on TQ5 and off to Perce to visit the Rock. Took lunch at Table Roland, (the homemade potato chips kick ass) took care of business in Perce and off like a prom dress lickity split direction Chandler. TQ5 all the way and she was a runner.

Great day today and we are sitting pretty at Motel Fraser in Chandler.

Off to see Mr Groomer for thurs night.

Keep your eyes peeled out here stickers are abundant.

Iceman out.

hi iceman !!

im waiting !!

few inches here in town !!..........- 5c !!....grey sky !!

if not too tired...try to find the sticker in town ...very easy !! hahhaha!!

btw...great pics all!!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Conditions tonight - bacon pizza with JG and even more snow. In addition to snowing much of today, 4 more inches expected overnight. Incredible conditions for late march. Trails are all ours, hardly anyone else out riding which is OK with the team.

JG says over 3 feet of snow have fallen here in the past 10 days alone, we've seen it ;< )

Merci beaucoup Spot Lunch in Causapscal (across the street from Motel du Vallon) for making our pizzas after closing time!!

(Iceman not present in the photo)

post-478-0-60983300-1395366184_thumb.jpg