Team Iceman on the Gaspe

iceman

hi all !!!

just to say a big thank you again for the great laughs and fun !!

great pleasure to meet you all!!

big thx for generosity !!

on my way to groom soon...at least 12'' + on ground !!

by the time i come back ...you ll be already in rdl i guess !!

miss the gaspesie yet ????? ......hahahahahhahaah

jean-guy :drinks:

Day 5 thurs

From Chandler to visit Groomer in Casucal. Day started grey and snowy. Got much snowier as we went. Myself and Playhard were like the modern day version of "Lewis and Clark" the explorers taking turns searching for red sticks. When is all white it aint easy. But we got er done. Only buried the Apex once. Not bad considering the moonscape.

Day 6 fri

Capsucal to RDL. Direct on TQ5

Groomer paved the way out of town for us but not many of his fellow operators were out there. Did the exploration for sticks again pushing 8-10 inches where it was not drifted higher. We had doubts for sure but as we headed west we caught more tracks and made the going a whole different world. All in all a great day on the sled.

Awesome week of riding the Gaspe hard to believe how it looks here now being 21 march looks more like 21 feb but the parking lots and roads are still getting pretty bare. Trails are awesome when you can see them.

Probably sad to say but my last day riding this season. (small tear forming) maybe a little local action at home but bag trips are done.

Always great to be on the Trail with the Team. Anywhere Anytime.

Big season

12,895 KM

We found two.

IMG_0590_zpsbc6437ea.jpg

IMG_0582_zpsb28463b7.jpg

Sticker placed Numbers

3 and 2 respectively

Good eyes

"Keep your eye's peeled"

Way down Sud

I mean way down....... :drinks:

Yes sir

Remember it well. Near a big logging yard some big ass trees they were there.

The town I can not recall though.

was there last fri am .... before the groomer went by.. took us 2hr to go 700feet ... if u look closely u,ll see skidoo parts on the shale where we were huggen the rocks the whole thing was a drift 8 to 12 feet high dave needs new side panels

Dude, much respect. That trail makes one's butt pucker when it's perfectly groomed. I want no part of that when it's drifty! Especially not on a big-girl highway-model like an Apex XTX.

hi all !!!

just to say a big thank you again for the great laughs and fun !!

great pleasure to meet you all!!

big thx for generosity !!

on my way to groom soon...at least 12'' + on ground !!

by the time i come back ...you ll be already in rdl i guess !!

miss the gaspesie yet ????? ......hahahahahhahaah

JG! You're our hero!

Some were still a little shook up after that 18 mile deep pow low visibility shortcut up the orange "Sentier Ferme" from Le Club Sportif Mont Arctique clubhouse back up to the 5 on the way to you.

Funny, it was groomed deliciousness 10 days earlier. Oh what a difference 3' of fresh makes! http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?unit=mi&lat=48.169008&lng=-66.822352&zoom=11&force=1&ewaypoints=4814039,-6669789,4815,-23477&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

Anyway, you should have heard the (hung-over) conversation at breakfast! Some were pretty seriously wondering about either riding the roads or hailing flatbeds & taxis. Of course we had to try. So we got to it and right over the road heading north out of town, you'd laid out 18 miles of white carpet to start the day off right. Merci beaucoup!

And yes, we're missing Gaspesie bad. Especially since there SO MUCH SNOW calling us back. But we have great miles & memories in the books to help us thru the other 3 seasons...

(I wonder if I could open a St Hubert franchise in NY to ease the pain?)

It sure was sketchy at times, didn't go "as planned", but sledding in Gapsesie (or anywhere else) hardly ever does, still we managed to get the loop done. Via says just about 1,000 miles, the odo said 1,230 and there was a hell of a lot more track spin than I've ever encountered!...

http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?attraits=&unit=km&lat=48.263315&lng=-67.115088&zoom=7&force=1&ewaypoints=4781996,-6956011,103179,204962,35335,135099,-24444,66757,5222,102314,-49439,30872,-19212,-55026,4615,-250746,6372,-20475,17912,-35967,-79837,-178597&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

JG! You're our hero!

Some were still a little shook up after that 18 mile deep pow low visibility shortcut up the orange "Sentier Ferme" from Le Club Sportif Mont Arctique clubhouse back up to the 5 on the way to you.

Funny, it was groomed deliciousness 10 days earlier. Oh what a difference 3' of fresh makes! http://www.viaexplora.com/snowmobile/index.html?unit=mi&lat=48.169008&lng=-66.822352&zoom=11&force=1&ewaypoints=4814039,-6669789,4815,-23477&cst=1.0,1.01,1.05&csts=1.0&cstr=1.01&spd=50000,50000,50000

Anyway, you should have heard the (hung-over) conversation at breakfast! Some were pretty seriously wondering about either riding the roads or hailing flatbeds & taxis. Of course we had to try. So we got to it and right over the road heading north out of town, you'd laid out 18 miles of white carpet to start the day off right. Merci beaucoup!

And yes, we're missing Gaspesie bad. Especially since there SO MUCH SNOW calling us back. But we have great miles & memories in the books to help us thru the other 3 seasons...

(I wonder if I could open a St Hubert franchise in NY to ease the pain?)

hi playhard !!!

looks like i was in the '' potatoes '' this weekend..did nt see your post !!

great to meet you twice within a few days and meeting new people !!!

i don t think i ll ever forget your phone call...never laughed that much in years !!

thx for the laughs while having supper !!!

take care and hi to all !!!

you should sell poutines in nyc !! hahhahaha