Anyone else going through the end of sled season blues?

MXZ700RIDER

This time of year for a snowmobiler.....stinks. Nothing seems to excite me recreationally like riding my sled. I fish, ride ATV occasionally, and also have a jet ski, but none come close to matching the fun I have riding snowmobile in winter. People think I am crazy when I tell them that I enjoyed my recent trip to Quebec to ride when the wind chills were -33f in the morning. To a snowmobiler riding in sub zero wind chill is just part of what makes the sport challenging and an adrenaline rush. Id much rather cold than rain in winter. I'm probably bummed out because we are kind of between seasons. Too cold to get on lake. Was just wondering if others are missing the sledding season already like me?

All my snowmen have melted :lazy:

It's going to be a long summer for me, I ordered a new sled, so I might work a bit.

My second Salmon Derby starts Friday! I hope I catch a big fish. Last Saturday they were little coho's, I still managed a door prize (lures) and it took till Sunday to get warm as I was in the 42F water to the top of my thighs to get the boat loaded, waves were 4' and it was very windy getting the boat on the trailer.

4wheeling, haven't been able to hustle a group together, lots of snow still in the bush in places and lots of water. Few more weeks maybe we will get out.

Dec 6th is my first snowride...can't wait!

Depressed lindasledgirl

We haven't had snow back here in Pennsylvania in over two months, but upstate in NY they had a big ATV run recently and they had a lot of snow left on trails and in woods. Tug hill area. Wow....you will be riding as early as Dec 6th? That is awesome. I am hoping to make a few more trips up to Canada (Quebec) next season to ride as I will likely get a season pass again so I want to get my moneys worth. This past season I only made it up 2x. Lets hope the snow is as good next season as it was this fantastic year. Only seven months and a few days till riding season! :good:

The best way to get over it is to stay busy...Second Derby for this year started today...we entered 6 fish (salmon), Kevin's is in 7th on the board, Mine was 4th till it was bumped off.

post-875-0-02468400-1399084797_thumb.jpg

the secret of staying young is to NEVER STOP DOING THINGS .

I agree Brion! I have the boat wobbles tonight...some little storms blew in on the water today, chop was big, white caps for a while. I am back at it at 6 am so I can fish before work. Only caught a 2.2 lb salmon today and when I brought it to the weigh station, we had hail! lol

Nice Salmon!!

Thanks! In the freezer now. I hope to get one a little bigger, it would be nice to have something around 16 lbs...the Derby leader write now is 15lbs.

My season is not done quite yet. Heading to Mont Valin for my last ride of the season next Thursday. Can't wait, never been there in May even though been told by others it is a must. This way I'll only have 6 months to wait. :)

My season is not done quite yet. Heading to Mont Valin for my last ride of the season next Thursday. Can't wait, never been there in May even though been told by others it is a must. This way I'll only have 6 months to wait. :)

That will be pretty cool for sure. Be sure to post a couple pics of your ride. Hope it is a "Blue Bird Day"!!

Edited by smclelan