Tamarac ?

Pipeman

• 2 months later...

Does anybody Know?? Did Dominic open it back up? Choices are becoming very limited near Clova. I would push on and stay at Lac Fallion but now that is closed also.

Dave, haven't heard anything about the Tamarac but unless it burned down you can be sure he will have it open he is there to make money. I know you have been on the trail to Senneterre before but I don't think you are considering the distance from Lac Fallion to Clova. If you were to roll into Clova at 4 or 5 in the evening and find no rooms you will not have an enjoyable trip to push to Fallion (even if they were open) I know nobody likes Balbuzard but that would be a better option but they often don't have rooms either.I think the people at Clova will find someplace to put you.

I stepped out of there ( Martin ) about 3 years ago right foot flew up in the air and I landed at the bottom of there steps on my back ( Had to be damn funny to watch ). Ice formed from their roof dripping on the porch right at the top of the steps and whamo !! I was down flat, he stands there at the top of the steps and asks if I am okay? Then he said yeah I need to fix that it's been leaking for a while now. WTF !!! Ya Think so ?? Oh well I lived but my ribs hurt for about 2 months. Would I stay there?? Hell yeah they were nice people, shit happens.

Edited by Pipeman

Dave, haven't heard anything about the Tamarac but unless it burned down you can be sure he will have it open he is there to make money. I know you have been on the trail to Senneterre before but I don't think you are considering the distance from Lac Fallion to Clova. If you were to roll into Clova at 4 or 5 in the evening and find no rooms you will not have an enjoyable trip to push to Fallion (even if they were open) I know nobody likes Balbuzard but that would be a better option but they often don't have rooms either.I think the people at Clova will find someplace to put you.

I Pushed through to Fallion 1 time from Le cabanon. I think we got there around 6. I will reserve probably at the school house.

There is Barrage Gouin Outfitter http://www.barragegouin.com/package/packages.php?id=14

I have never been there, but heard good feedback. And you better phone and make reservations in advance (clova, parent, etc)

I stayed there once. Nice place. Problem is I need to get to Clova. The next day we are making a run to Matagami. Gouin is to far.

I will have to map that to see how far it is from Clova.

I stepped out of there about 3 years ago right foot flew up in the air and I landed at the bottom of there steps on my back ( Had to be damn funny to watch ). Ice formed from their roof dripping on the porch right at the top of the steps and whamo !! I was down flat, he stands there at the top of the steps and asks if I am okay? Then he said yeah I need to fix that it's been leaking for a while now. WTF !!! Ya Think so ?? Oh well I lived but my ribs hurt for about 2 months. Would I stay there?? Hell yeah they were nice people, shit happens.

And that Carol can she cook or what. I have had some good meals there.

Edited by 600IQHO

There is Barrage Gouin Outfitter http://www.barragegouin.com/package/packages.php?id=14

I have never been there, but heard good feedback. And you better phone and make reservations in advance (clova, parent, etc)

GREAT place to stay ! We have been there 5 or 6 times and have reservations for the 22nd of Jan. Food is good and a bunch of choices for dinner. The owners and staff are real freindly and a few beers on tap at the Bar !

I Pushed through to Fallion 1 time from Le cabanon. I think we got there around 6. I will reserve probably at the school house.

I stayed there once. Nice place. Problem is I need to get to Clova. The next day we are making a run to Matagami. Gouin is to far.

And that Carol can she cook or what. I have had some good meals there.

30 miles or 50 km from Clova to Martins.

Andy

post-14-0-44732200-1420501738_thumb.jpg