Snow on the way, JG

iceman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the section at 1.16 to 1.25 where it shows them all stuck. Deserving for making us all jealous. Buggers.

Looking forward to a great winter

hi doo4adoo !!

wish i could be there sledding or grooming !!!

jean-guy

Looks like fun, however a bit too much digging for my taste. Looks like work.

hi iceman !!!

right !!..looking at the big ruts...reminds when working for challenge kanada....in 97... we started from rouyn noranda....first night there...guide came to visit us at motel to plan next day ...one of the first thing he told us....im 95% groomed trails rider...i don t ride much off the trail !!

did nt take long to notice the next morning !!! no skills at all in deep snow !...instead of using his head.... he was using throttle way too much digging huge ruts with sled!!

we were doing rouyn noranda to senneterre off the trail....doable in 2 days...we took 7 or 8 !!!

horror week in western quebec !!!...hahhaha

jean-guy

When do they start grooming this area? I was there in march last year and the riding was awesome

hi dogcop !!!

well...i guess they ll start early in december....no stress yet...no traffic and other clubs around can t groom yet !!!

jean-guy

hi iceman !!!

right !!..looking at the big ruts...reminds when working for challenge kanada....in 97... we started from rouyn noranda....first night there...guide came to visit us at motel to plan next day ...one of the first thing he told us....im 95% groomed trails rider...i don t ride much off the trail !!

did nt take long to notice the next morning !!! no skills at all in deep snow !...instead of using his head.... he was using throttle way too much digging huge ruts with sled!!

we were doing rouyn noranda to senneterre off the trail....doable in 2 days...we took 7 or 8 !!!

horror week in western quebec !!!...hahhaha

jean-guy

It would be a whole different thing back then, the sleds would only have a .50 lug on the tracks! Not what you would call a good powder track.

It would be a whole different thing back then, the sleds would only have a .50 lug on the tracks! Not what you would call a good powder track.

excuse me sir !!!

.50 or 1.75 ...use what you have between 2 ears first ...then throttle...work better !!!

hhahhaa....

jean-guy :drinks:

I agree JG, my '96 Tundra has just that! A .500 lug and I boondock in the woods with that sled in any snow depth given to me, always spotting my path between the trees ahead (between the ears)....keeping in mind I am towing a trail tobogan with 300lbs of kids in it and it's very rare that little Tundra gets stuck. It blows my mind how well this thing travels through the snow even in tow!

I agree JG, my '96 Tundra has just that! A .500 lug and I boondock in the woods with that sled in any snow depth given to me, always spotting my path between the trees ahead (between the ears)....keeping in mind I am towing a trail tobogan with 300lbs of kids in it and it's very rare that little Tundra gets stuck. It blows my mind how well this thing travels through the snow even in tow!

hi jg !!!

i like the way you think !!!...always think ahead...best way to save troubles...

back in the 80's and 90's i liked to have a tundra or a cheyenne...i could go deep in the woods or swamps at my camp !!!....liked it !!!

bienvenue dogcop !!!!!

jean-guy

Just got the "Chills"...It's happening.

hi phil !!!

saw your post yesterday...but after seeing all those pics and videos from buffalo area storm yesterday....i was too shy to tell you that we got a mini 3'' of fresh snow at the end of the day last monday !!!

hahahhahaha !!!!

pic..in front of post office in albertville this morning !!!!...very windy !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

JG way TOO much snow in NY. South of Buffalo there is talk of 8 - 9 FEET till it's over. The pictures look like no fun at all. Worse they are calling for 50 - 60* and rain early next week, say a prayer for those folks.

JG way TOO much snow in NY. South of Buffalo there is talk of 8 - 9 FEET till it's over. The pictures look like no fun at all. Worse they are calling for 50 - 60* and rain early next week, say a prayer for those folks.

X2 That's going to be a mess !

i was only making a comparison of the amount of snow....for sure if temps warm up ..it ll be a big mess.....

right after i posted..i was thinking about that storm back in 71...,,one of my sister was on a train from mtl to home for christmas.....instead of being a 10 hrs ride on train....took 3 days....

got stuck many times and nothing left to eat or drink !!!

jean-guy

One of the biggest issues that us people in the Buffalo area have is the ground was still very warm and the bottom foot fo this stuff is slushy and super difficult to move. To make matters worse, a new lake effect snow warning was just issued for tonight through friday, and the weather man says it wil be an extremely intense band, but not as fixed in one area like the last shot of snow. 10-20 new inches.

I actually dont mind the snow, bit Im sick and tired of the non stop media coverage of it. Its western NY, we get snow and sometimes lots of it. Lets move on to a new story.

Edited by Snownyet