Looking at New Trailers, opinions pls.

MrGutz

I've had several Blizzards. No complaints on my end thus the repeat purchases when upgrading in size. My dealer www.traileroutlet.net is in Tilton NH - a few miles east of 93. Ask for the owner Joe, if it is not to far from you in Mass.

Good luck. Have a great season.

Paddy O

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The six sled, V-nose Triton we used to pull with the Snowcoach was an excellent trailer and held up very well. They make a good unit, Now I have two Worthingtons (made in Williamsport, PA); a two sled in-line V-nose, and a 4 sled full width V-nose. The 4 sled Worthington is 12 years old, has made at least 40 trips to Quebec from PA, and is still going strong.

Hard to beat a Worthington. PS: They're all aluminum. Price is competitive.

timbo

Timbo, good to hear, just bought a 4 place Worthington this summer.Its in very good shape, hope it works for our trips to Quebec.

I have a 2 place Worthington also. Bought it new in 2012. No frills, clamshell, just a light alluminum trailer that gets the job done. Replaced my 4 place Haulmark that weighed a ton. Hold on it actually nearly 2 tons EMPTY. But my point here is that I thought Worthington went out of business shortly after I bought mine. Not sure, I will have to look it up.

I have a 2 place Worthington also. Bought it new in 2012. No frills, clamshell, just a light alluminum trailer that gets the job done. Replaced my 4 place Haulmark that weighed a ton. Hold on it actually nearly 2 tons EMPTY. But my point here is that I thought Worthington went out of business shortly after I bought mine. Not sure, I will have to look it up.

Should have looked it up before I posted. There website is up and running sooo it looks like somebody I know fed me some bad information.

Hey Guys!

This is great feedback.

I did not mean to imply that Triton were crappy, I have a Triton Open 4plc now and its nice, BUT the last one I had, a 2001 2 place clam shell snapped in quarters on the Mass pike. I have crawled around both and see nothing "Premium" about them, when compared to the other brands. I don't mind paying more for a better trailer, I just like to See/Understand why it costs more. 16 on center construction, Tube/Extrusion construction, Fully Welded, etc...

As a note Worthington is "Back in Business".

Thanks

GutZ

Should have looked it up before I posted. There website is up and running sooo it looks like somebody I know fed me some bad information.

Your buddy didn't "lie", he was just mis-informed. About 3 years ago one of the big gas drilling companies moving into the Marcellus play, approached Worthington and made them an offer they could not refuse on their new factory. Worthington had just constructed their new facility a year or two before, and it was a dandy. Worthington formerly manufactured their units in an old building adjacent to the Lycoming County Airport in Montoursville. I heard that they moved back into their old facility and are constructing units there.

Still the same good product.

timbo

Worthington is located in the old Sylvania / Carol Cable plant, broad street Montoursville. New owner but Mike Worthington is managing it.10 miles from my house and I almost ordered one from him but I liked the 16" on center of the R&R verses 24" from Worthington. Still think they are a great trailer but if I was given the choice b/w 16 or 24 construction..... and they don't use Dexter axles unless you pay additional for them.

What is a trailer?

Don, you know what a trailer is. It's that rolling shed-like thing towed behind a vehicle, that when, upon putting a Yammi XTX on, has a tire blowout within 50 miles - LOL

All kidding aside, my 2006 Triton clamshell is great, nice molded wire harnessing, etc.

And at the Springfield show I see they stepped up their game with more stainless fasteners, longer ski glides up to 10 feet continuous lengths.

My trailer suggestions are: largest diameter tires possible, galvanized everything ( I.e. Never a painted steel frame or axles or rims, only hot dipped galvanized). Good summer ventilation keeps the dew from forming on the ceiling and raining on the sled every morning.

My tip for a Triton is, contact Fisk distributing in NY, that's where it will come from anyway, and discuss with them any and all available options and upgrades such as galvanized parts, etc. The trailer will be delivered to Locust creek outfitters in Bethel Vermont.

Hey guys not sure if you have heard of them or not but check out the Legend Trailers

www.legendmfg.com

They are built in MI and have the best warranty you can get.

These are really well built and beuatiful trailers. Trust me you won't be disapointed.

The one item that Nitro has that I like is their flip down ramp just saw it at the show this year.

Look forward to seeing you on the snow this winter!

Bob

Edited by bob_o27

Hey guys not sure if you have heard of them or not but check out the Legend Trailers

www.legendmfg.com

They are built in MI and have the best warranty you can get.

These are really well built and beuatiful trailers. Trust me you won't be disapointed.

The one item that Nitro ahs that I like is their flip down ramp just saw it at the show this year.

Anyway if you have any questions I am happy to help you out.

www.bigetrailersales.com

Look forward to seeing you on the snow this winter!

Bob

http://www.legendmfginc.com/

GutZ

gutz, for what it's worth I bought the pro line IS716 trailer last fall, picked it up at their place in new Hampshire,you won't be disappointed, they are well made and stand behind their trailers,mine is a 2013 model, it tow's great,and I can see around well, being only 7 ft wide. mine has a single axle. happy trailering!

Here's a ProLine IS716 (2 place inline)......just got it this week. Nice trailer. I had it shipped to within two hours of me....and the two hours I towed it home it was great at 70-75 mph, empty of course. Now the fun begins....painting interior floor, ski guides/track mats, etc etc etc...

post-1631-0-68188500-1416086600_thumb.jpg

post-1631-0-19122900-1416086622_thumb.jpg

pro lines got there s...t together I got there 101 -12 v nose , 2013 model and have around 14500 miles on it and its still great The only thing is it has the small 10 in tires and im on my second set all around . [to many trips across New Brunswick 17] shes ready to go again !!!

Here's a ProLine IS716 (2 place inline)......just got it this week. Nice trailer. I had it shipped to within two hours of me....and the two hours I towed it home it was great at 70-75 mph, empty of course. Now the fun begins....painting interior floor, ski guides/track mats, etc etc etc...

Looks Nice!

GutZ

pro lines got there s...t together I got there 101 -12 v nose , 2013 model and have around 14500 miles on it and its still great The only thing is it has the small 10 in tires and im on my second set all around . [to many trips across New Brunswick 17] shes ready to go again !!!

Do they offer larger tires on the 101 wide?

I was hoping for 13s.

GutZ

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got it fitted out and ready for battle.

Painted floor

Installed painted walls (1/2" fir plywood)

Track mats and ski guides

Dedicated farm jack

Extra tie downs

Etc....

Probably have 15 hours into it, and I'd rather not think about the cost.

One final touch will be the SNOGOER vanity license plate.... :rofl:

post-1631-0-67842600-1417987853_thumb.jpg

post-1631-0-95074700-1417987859_thumb.jpg

post-1631-0-16102100-1417987865_thumb.jpg

post-1631-0-40708500-1417987870_thumb.jpg

Edited by im4snow