Lac Fallion closed this winter!!!

Andyman

I just hung up from Lac Fallion as I was trying to make a reservation for February and I got the bad news that they will be closed this winter.Pierre was a big supporter of the grooming efforts on the TQ83 and a very important gas stop. I am worried about TQ83 as it was closed for a long period early last winter and that was with Lac Fallion open.

Andy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that is too bad. Nice stop there.

So no gas either there?

That leaves Balbazard as the only option after Clova before Seneterre. Sucks.

Always a crapshoot after Clova heading west usally not good at least in years past.

What a welcome site that place is, after that desolate stretch of TQ83 W. Ive been there 3-4 times on a week day (lunch-fuel) was never busy. Great view out the windows. Wonder how busy it is - was on the weekends. Place is gorgeous, big pic on the wall of the waterfront, in summer time of a HUGE sandy beach in front of that place. Great food + everything. Huge loss.......

Edit: lunch- fuel added

Edited by momojohnny

Did he sell it? I know he wanted to get rid of it after he and Brigette split. Damn maybe Alain and Carol will buy it........That would be nice.

Yes this sucks, always enjoyed staying at Faillon. I had heard Balbuzard was selling to a lumber company or something last winter??? Not sure, but she said they would still have gas there. And Robert has been trying to sell Relais 22 for a few years also, we need some young rich people to start buying these places! Perhaps NFL cheerleaders or someone......

This is not good. Lac Faillon is a very important stop both for gas & lodging. Pierre definitely wasn't enjoying running it any longer. I loved his dog. Balbuzzard is not Snowmobiler friendly with the new owners. They also have a limited supply of fuel & have rationed us in the past.

Edited by Florida Snowman

That sure does suck! Nice place, stayed the night once. Stopped for gas a couple other times. Clean, friendly excellent food. It was just a nice place and the night we stayed there were a lot of peaple eating & the bar was full. I am suprised by the closing. That was on the top of my list of places to spend the night.

Gas will surely be an issue for a lot of people without this stop.

If Balbazard stops selling their $2.50 per liter fuel it will be a no go for many as it is 150-170 miles to Senneterre from Clova depending upon which way they route the trail this year. With Lac Fallion closed I can't see the 83 being groomed very much this winter. I hope I am wrong.

Andy

Mebbee a call to the Senneterre Club may be in order??? They groom as far as Balbuzzard. They must have some skin in this game and might have some insight as to how this may sort out??

That is something to recon with, Clova-Senneterre-Clova or even Clova-Louvicourt-Clova is quite the stretch without a fuel stop, Balbuzard with their rationed fuel sales will find themselves with more than anticipated business, given our Quebec iconic Medic Care stop will be closed is the trail going to be opened at all and who will be responsible for the grooming?

Gonna have to carry more gas

Snowmobiling is always an adventure!!!

Gastone was his dogs name, his favorite spot was in front of the fireplace and in the backhoe with Peter.. Andy when you called that number did anyone speak English?

Yes the woman who answered had better English than my French! She offered me Pierre's cell number but once she told me they were closed I thanked her and started thinking about plan #2.

Andy

That is something to recon with, Clova-Senneterre-Clova or even Clova-Louvicourt-Clova is quite the stretch without a fuel stop, Balbuzard with their rationed fuel sales will find themselves with more than anticipated business, given our Quebec iconic Medic Care stop will be closed is the trail going to be opened at all and who will be responsible for the grooming?

Gonna have to carry more gas

Snowmobiling is always an adventure!!!

Hi JG

When I ordered this sled I had situations like this in mind. Seems there are more places closing every year. Required fuel range in the 150 plus area seems like it will be the norm.

Andy

post-14-0-75449800-1415793637_thumb.jpg

Ok thanks Andy I'll call and see if I can find out anything. Congrats on the new sled, the reviews on it have been great ... enjoy!

Carrying extra fuel is a must for long distance saddlebagging. Don't leave home without it!
I carry 2.5 gallons total. (1.25 gal on each side).

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice setup !

And JB Scott :help:

I was just thinking about how many places have burned or closed where we all bought fuel and or stayed. Here is a short list can you think of others? Gas is sparse in the north!!!

Andy

Haltaparche

Casey

Forsythe

Lac Chateuavert

Lac Fallion

JB Scott

Joncas

Perce no fuel.

Miquelon on 93

Lounan

Monet