3rd Annual Mont Vallin Opener 2015

lindasledgirl

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's the 2015 800etec, BRP switched to colder plug this year and some are posting the same issue as Roadrunner on Dootalk. My dealer has a call into BRP I will post the response once he hears back.

Spoke to my mechanic regarding the plugs. Don't start the machine and shut off without riding. The cooler plug will be better after the break in period.

Do the plugs foul while riding or when warming up the sled before you start a ride ?? Thanks again can't wait to get on the snow again!!

Pipeman they were fouling while we were making a slow trip out of the woods, once it got back out onto faster conditions it came out of it, Th eplugs may May be marginally too cool RR

Next Monday for us, never between Xmas and New Year again, have never seen so many sleds in my life.

HA! Never been to Tugg Hill have you?

I agree not the best time to head to Quebec. BUT that is the time frame we both have off work so we will ride. Riding in some traffic is better than sitting at home not riding at all wishing that we made the drive up.

Edited by 600IQHO

The riding continues, a few mechanical breakdowns, stud through heat exchanger, 600 etec seize up on us today in one of the expeditons, , and a rock strike damage has kept us busy but we are approaching 1000 miles so far. We met some friends from Labrador today that had come down for a ride. Another nice 200 mile day. The etec 800 has been sitting since the spark plug issue, just because we have been using the expeditions. We will probably get some more miles on that one in the days to come, will keep you posted if we have anymore issues on that one.

More bush road riding

post-197-0-81263500-1418180943_thumb.jpg

And some big road riding, a good variety today with lunch at Onatchaway

post-197-0-08536000-1418180963_thumb.jpg

The earthern dam that forms the Pipmuacan reservoir is 4200 feet long and 250 feet high. This was the first hydro project for Quebec hydro built in 1953. The generator station at Labrieville is where the actual power is generated and is supplied via a penstock tunnel through the mountains. Neat trip today Enjoy RR

post-197-0-34480100-1418252364_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-34480100-1418252364_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-52722700-1418252481_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-42885200-1418252444_thumb.jpg

Gutz, There is not enough snow in the valley to ride, better plan to trailer to The auberge, valinette or Onatchaway for decent riding, enjoy

RR

Hey Guys,

Do you know if you can ride from the Delta to Mt Valin yet?

Going to be there soon enough.

Thanks

GutZ

Sounds like a great time. Great Pictures!!1

Thinking out loud about the 800 ETech, I wonder if switching to regular gas instead of premium would make it run hotter and cure the plug problem.

mike

Mike we have not had any more issues with the plugs, we ran the sled today with the stock plugs RR

Friends are in Valin. 2015 renegade 43 km on sled and the main computer is done.

I can't imagine that!

HA! Never been to Tugg Hill have you?

I agree not the best time to head to Quebec. BUT that is the time frame we both have off work so we will ride. Riding in some traffic is better than sitting at home not riding at all wishing that we made the drive up.

Tug Hill is why I started going to Quebec in the first place