Need Help

600IQHO

Trying to make reservations in the Valins area between Christmas and the New Year. Passion is booked and no one at KM31 could speak english. Any other recomendations for this area? I am assuming you cannot ride out of the Delta or the sagueneenne at this point in time.

Yeah gonna be tough to find at this point. Not able to ride yet from the valley to the mountains maybe by then but who knows.

Km 31 is probably full too.

You could try

Auberge Carcajou trail 328 near 93 about 20KM from Valin

418-673-1991

http://aubergecarcajou.com/

Or

Onitchaway

418-690-4121

Edited by iceman

Yeah gonna be tough to find at this point. Not able to ride yet from the valley to the mountains maybe by then but who knows.

Km 31 is probably full too.

You could try

Auberge Carcajou trail 328 near 93 about 20KM from Valin

418-673-1991

http://aubergecarcajou.com/

Or

Onitchaway

418-690-4121

I know it is pretty much last minute for that area but I wanted to wait and see how snow conditions were in other area's first.

Caracajou looks nice. I got their answering machine when I called I will try Monday.

Thanks Iceman.

Stay at The Delta & trailer to the snow

That is an option that I also thought about and maybe by the 27th the snow is good enough to ride out of the Delta. I will wait and see if Auburge Caracajou has any rooms left first.

Hi Dave,

We always go up between Christmas and New Years. We stay at the Sagueneenne in Chicoutimi with friends. The Delta is fine too.

Some years we ride out of the hotel and other years we have to trailer to Mount Valin. Its about a 45 minute drive in the truck to the ski slope.

Wherever you decide to stay, you're still snowmobiling.

Jack & Sandi

I'm definitely not here to bash but two of us almost had our sleds stolen from our trailer which was locked at that place. We packed up night before and told them we were leaving at 5am. At 430 we awoke looked outside and saw shadows. Got dressed ran downstairs found two locks cut. 10 mins later those sleds would have been gone. By residential area by hotel so someone was watching us load the night before. We were lucky. Prefer safety and procedures of Delta.

Hi Dave,

We always go up between Christmas and New Years. We stay at the Sagueneenne in Chicoutimi with friends. The Delta is fine too.

Some years we ride out of the hotel and other years we have to trailer to Mount Valin. Its about a 45 minute drive in the truck to the ski slope.

Wherever you decide to stay, you're still snowmobiling.

Jack & Sandi

We also like the Sagueneenne, but have also stayed at the Delta, back then it was the HI. We have decided to stay back home and save our resources for when the conditions are are better and there is connectivity.

Now that I know you will be up there it would have been nice to meet you.

I'm definitely not here to bash but two of us almost had our sleds stolen from our trailer which was locked at that place. We packed up night before and told them we were leaving at 5am. At 430 we awoke looked outside and saw shadows. Got dressed ran downstairs found two locks cut. 10 mins later those sleds would have been gone. By residential area by hotel so someone was watching us load the night before. We were lucky. Prefer safety and procedures of Delta.

The risk of theft is everywhere. It does not matter if you are in Canada or the US. Sleds get stolen. The first time we stayed at the Sagueneenne theives tried to take some sleds but did not get them. A couple years later when we stayed at the HI (Delta) they tried to break into to the snowmobile corral but failed to get away with the any sleds.

It happens everywhere and you just have to prepare and make it as difficult as possible for theives to take your stuff.

Hotel Sag serves its purpose well for business people and sledders alike. That being said it is in a city with many places to exit and evade. They have locked tent corrals for sleds. No matter where you go Tug Hill, the UP or Quebec if you are not taking precautions, including locking your sleds in a locked corral you might be a victim. I like the Sag but getting to the trail from there is the worst part (unless your shit gets stolen) and can take a long time due to busy road crossings.

I agree with getting to the trail isn't as convenient as the Delta. The cul-de-sac has been improved a little and there is a new gas station that you can get to just before trail 83.

We always try to make our stuff a little harder to take, Denver boots on the truck and trailer, cables and locks on the sleds. If the thieves want it bad enough, they'll get it some how we just try to make them not the easiest target.

Jack & Sandi