Parking in Mt Laurier / Fuel between Mekoos and Sacacomie?

Catmandoo

Heading north in a couple weeks and starting out of Mt Laurier. Is there anywhere in town that is relatively safe to park and ride? I'm not sure if the hotels will allow us to park if we are not staying. Willing to pay if it makes a difference. I could be talked into Maniwaki if that is a "safer" start location?

My other question is the route between Mekoos and Sacacomie. I'd like to take a northern route 53-33-345-23 but my concern is fuel. I know the trail maps don't always show all the options and was hoping for some help.

Thanks as always.

parking is not a problem in Mont Laurier however your vehicle may not be there when you return,it is a high theft area. I would suggest driving a little further north and parking at Rabaska

I could be talked into Maniwaki if that is a "safer" start location?

http://www.aubergedraveur.qc.ca/home/index_e.php

Give them a call, Guys from Syracuse are always leaving from there on their saddlebag trips every year. By the way I have never heard of a stolen truck/trailer in Maniwaki.

Edited by Mid Range

As one of the guys from Syracuse I will back up Midrange's post! Never had a problem in Maniwaki. That hotel has also gone above and beyond for us more than once.

Jack - hopefully we'll see you at the end of Febuary!!