First Ride 2015

iceman

OK I took a little jaunt today. I will say it was so nice to hear that Apex sing again and to hit that flipper and Ride.

Tough to start a new year with my last run in the Gaspe in April still fresh in my mind, I know it won't be like that.

That said here is the deal. We still need one good snow to really get er going. Sure some places are great and others are quite rough. It is only the first pass for the groomers near here so I fully expected exactly that lots of holes and sticks poking up all over. Really nice hard base frozen nicely.

I left house up TQ3 thru shawinigan the up to the river in Grand Mere (river open and Staked) joined 23 then back toward Shawinigan. Tried for ST Tite but no trail open there yet I rode the ATV trail for a bit then came back. Back on the m5 i think one of the m trails anyway to rejoin TQ3. trail is groomed into Shawinigan Sud and the Safari etc.

nice 97km ride Cold even for the Iceman.

thanks Iceman!!

Hoping to ride out of Shawinigan next Saturday.The 17th. Got my fingers crossed.

Barring any serious rain/meltdown, you will be good to go.

Thanks for the recon Don!

Coming up next Thursday Jan 15th for an 8 day ride. Looks like we will be good to go. Much sweeter with a 20cm dumper!

Best,

Tom

Got about 5cm last night and today.

Wicked cold boy.

January in Quebec.

Do you know if we can ride out of Shawinigan and up to LSJ area yet? Either over to Saint Raymond and up or LaTuque across to LeTape and up?

I would think by this weekend should be good with clubs out opening up and connecting. I have no first hand report though.

I have a friend near Chambord says in the fields around the Lake is very thin (windblown) but in the woods is good snow.