New York state enhanced licence

Sled Dog

Anyone here use one to get into Canada? I know that's what they are made for but was just wondering if its a hassle. I let my passport expire (idiot) and in 2 weeks we are heading to the UP, going through Canada to get there and then for our second trip heading to Maniwaki. I do have an enhanced licence but have never used it crossing the border.

Just wondering if I'll have any problems..

Had enhanced license for years. Easy as it gets!

Good to know...

My only reason for getting an enhanced license was snowmobiling! No way was I gonna miss a trip to Quebec due to a loss or expired passport!!!

Not sure about now but last March we went across with one guy only having a birth cirtificate and drivers liscence. Going into Canada they pulled us in and did background checks. Coming back was just as normal. Customs guy said we were good and off we went.

I've never had an issue with the enhanced NYS DLIC. Have had one since inception. You might as well be uttering your passport as all your passport information is embedded in the bar code on the DLIC.

The only problem with the enhanced license is that its only good for ground travel. While great for a sled trip, if you were to fly to Canada or Mexico or anywhere else for that matter it is not an acceptable form of identification.

Edited by Snownyet