Radisson or Bust

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Bill. I'm driving north to PQ tomorrow. Day 3 of riding is over the top of 93 from LSJ. La Dore to the Mill is closed? That will change my plans for sure!

Be safe & have fun!

Tom

Ps: Bring me back a glass of water from Hudson Bay!

Edited by Florida Snowman

Good luck Bill. I'm driving north to PQ tomorrow. Day 3 of riding is over the top of 93 from LSJ. La Dore to the Mill is closed? That will change my plans for sure!

Be safe & have fun!

Tom

Ps: Bring me back a glass of water from Hudson Bay!

I am also interested in this trail not being open? I have a Chibougamau loop booked real soon and this could surely put an end to that.

Have a good time on your Radisson adventure Bill!!

Edited by 600IQHO

9 of us, 8 snowmobilers and 1 truck/trailer driver are heading for Radisson tomorrow. Trail from La Dore to Chibougamau is closed so we are going to trailer from Jonquiere to Chibougamau. Going to be a great adventure. Stay tuned.

Let me get this straight Bill, your riding from Chibougamau to Radisson, the Radisson in Baie James, LG1 Radisson?

Let me get this straight Bill, your riding from Chibougamau to Radisson, the Radisson in Baie James, LG1 Radisson?

Yes we are. Going to tour LG2, Robert Bourassa Generating Station.

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=2yW3VNalF8nz8we1moHIBg#gs_ssp=eJzj4tTP1TdITs_ItQQADiEC5w&q=robert-bourassa+generating+station

This is where I am getting my info from regarding Chibougamau to La Dore

http://tourismebaiejames.com/en/plan-your-trip/snowmobile-trail-conditions

I saw another site where it said, possible opening Jan 20.. I had my contacts call and they were getting different reasons and dates from each person they talked to.

Chibougamau club Site says Barriere Nord is closed for the season but also says the trail from Chib to The Barriere Relay is excellent. Barrier towards the 54 to open Jan 19th. I wonder if it is passable just not groomed? Also I assume the lumber mill at Scierie 54 is open and has gas, it doesn't say anything about that. Annoying part is the big trail picture shows it green the whole way across the top of 93. Chib to Scierie 54 is 174 KM's so no worries with gas.

Ive been told Raddison is beautiful in Jan. Its seal hunting season :pardon:

This is well,,, epic. Good luck Gents :drinks:

Be careful guys. I heard the caribou up there are in heat this time of year.

Sounds like a great trip, hope you give us daily updates and lots of pics.

And tonight in Chibougamou, whatever you do, don't let Ray cross the street from the motel.

mike

That's going to be a very very interesting trip, I am unaware there are groomed trails from Chibougamau to LG2, you must be on a offtrail expedition.

I stayed at a place in Chibougamau many years ago and the owner was offering guided tours to LG2, these were all offtrail expeditions following the power lines up and no motels or warming huts either, he was packing a wood stove and a tent.

Is this the kind of expedition you're on Bill?

Have fun and please share with us your experiences.

JG