Jan 20

iceman

Windigo tonight.

NH Moose and I left Shawinigan around 9:45am.

Thru Shawinigan and up the perfectly groomed 360 to gas in St Joseph.

Then up 360 still nice to the 355 the groomer headed off on the 360 but the 355 was still really nice.

Arrived in La Tuque at 1pm Took the lunch and ran into 800steve and his crew doing the same.

Left La Tuque after lunch and gas around 2pm.

73 North toward Relais 22. Nice trail but small not groomed yet since new snow.

134km from Gas in La Tuque to Pump at Relais 22.(note 73 no longer passes thru Auberge Vermillion and is rerouted making the Shortcut to/from Windigo not so useful.)

Arrived at Relais 22 at 4pm took the gas grabbed a little heat inside and then headed for Windigo at 4:30.

45km from 22 to Windigo. Arrived at 5pm.

83 from 22 awesome looking real nice.

Hoping groomer heads north from La Tuque tonight they say it's coming. Yup so is Christmas.

Got Pipeman and his buddy Chris here with us just the four of us at Windigo. Nice.

All in all things are coming together.

Headed back south same route back tmmrw.

One of my favorite places to stay. Tried to make reservations there over a week ago for 1/28 but they were booked. Ya well will stay at relais 22. Have a good ride back.

Iceman it was a real pleasure meeting you and NH Moose at Windigo, enjoyed the good stories :drinks:

We had perfect trails heading to Repos. Left Repo for Saint Anne Du Lac and all trails were also excellent, we were going to head up to the 83 from Cheval but I called the Senneterre club and she told me the bridge repair in the Foresythe area was Fri thru Sunday so we went south to Saint Anne instead. Friday we went to the place in La Vendrye park past La Domaine, I forget the name of ot and trails were "ok". Leaving there Saturday morning and heading back to Temiskaming the 63 was perfect again. 9 great days of riding other than the 93 east of the Relay and Scenerie 54.