Montagne Coupee

timbo

Krissy, Sabra and I have been riding out of Montagne Coupee in St Jean de Matha for the last few days and are enjoying a jumbo good time. Trails have been good. In the south they need a foot of snow, but riding has been average to good. Past St-Zenon, north, mid-winter is here.

Can't say enough good about Montagne Coupee. Mebbee not for those who wish to travel "budget city", but if you are traveling in La Belle Provence and want to have a special time with significant others, this place is off the charts. Mom, or Jennifer, will like it.

Play Hard might want to chime in. Saw him here last winter when I was passing thru.

Timbo

Just got back to Slowville. We left the Coupee at 8AM and pulled in at 5PM. I had forgotten just how delightful it is driving thru Montreal late morning on a Sunday, compared to the traditional jug-screw weekdays.

From the security standpoint, they were most accommodating at the Montagne Coupee. The "barn" is large enough that I parked my 4-sled enclosed Worthington inside; together with our three sleds and about 25 other machines. Kinda nice when it comes time to load-up and head home, and your rig has been in a heated (55F) space. They have "opened" another smaller garage adjacent to the big building, and they can accommodate another 15 or so sleds in there. As always, the cuisine is outrageous!!

Trails, both north and south, good to very good the entire 6 days we were there........Including the areas around Louiseville where they were having the big snowcross event this weekend. Haven't seen so many sleds on the trails since we went to Valcourt 15 years ago. They were grooming big time. Obviously, I'm sure the groomer operators would have appreciated more snow-cover, but they did a great job with what they had to work with the last couple of days with heavy traffic and no new snow.

Montagne Coupee. A gem in Lenaudiere!

Andyman

Thaddeus and I are psyched for our excursion, as well. I'm glad I have 500 miles on the new AXYS switchie before we go on our 14 day "galavantation" across QC and ON. The new sled is the tits!!

See you trailside on the way to 100 Lacs. If you happen to wander into Dave & Eddie stumbling around in the puckerbrush that morning, police-em up (:-).

timbo

tim dave and myself have been wandering around all last week there did a 1050 mile loop wed pm till sun am will see you lads at 100 lac Thursday nite looks like you and the misses had a great time ! we will talk later ed

Play Hard might want to chime in. Saw him here last winter when I was passing thru.

Timbo

Hell yes! Thank goodness for a few riding buddies who prefer a "spa" tour each season. This place kicks major ass. But watch out for friendly folks at the next table sending over local fire-water!

• 9 months later...

Beautiful place but the theft from there has been terrible. Don't know about recently however. I had to go up and pick up friends who had everything stolen. Their servers at dinner did everything they could to stall them and then one of the went outside and everything was gone! The folks at the hotel did not seem to care one bit and were frankly rather flipped about it. Perhaps they have changed their ways. The accommodations and food were outstanding.