Trip report in progress

Jackstraw

Got to Shawinigan last night at the Escapade. Only truck and trailer there.

Unloaded in the am and took the m trails to the TQ 3. All trails out of Shawinigan in great shape. The closer to QC city the trails started to go down hill. Lotta traffic for a Tuesday. Had lunch at a golf course some how. They have a 9 hole par 3 open all winter with orange balls. They groom and pack the snow. Surprisingly no one was playing!

Once past QC the TQ 3 improved but certainly needs a pass by the groomer. In Bae St Paul for the night with 215 miles for the day. Other then a blown belt . All is good for the first ride of the season .

Headed up the Clermont express in the morning. Only 1 pic today

post-106-0-57985800-1422487766_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jackstraw

Scranton1, I was checking out the QR posts as I always do and I happened to take notice that you are from Nazareth PA..! Where about in Nazareth? I'm in Plainfield Twsp..

How often do you ride in Canada? The dude I rode with last year went last week.( I met him on QR) I didn't go because of thing called work... He and I plan on a ride this year but not sure exactly when. Most likely doing the Gaspe in March sometime. I was hoping to ride sometime in Feb and March.. What about you?

Day2

Left bae St. Paul trails still rough first 10 miles then finally fresh groomed!

Jumped on the 83, sweet! Took that to the 383 and bingo, groomer just coming out

Now we're talking , what a great trail! Got to the plein air for lunch and noticed a black hunk of plasti c sticking out of the side of Eric's sled. Hmm looks like one of his sliders. Yep twisted up underneith . We got it wedged up so we could ride it. Made it to the doo dealer in jonquire . 3 hours later it was 5:30. So much for Scooby Raid, to the delta for the night.

A disappointing 165 miles for the day. Ran into Shane here at the delta. Off to Windigo tomorrow.

post-106-0-47458200-1422575211_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-73732500-1422575260_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-08997800-1422575283_thumb.jpg

Back to shawinigan, after 4 great days, some minor hiccups but it is what it is.

Spent the last night at Windigo and met some fellow Qr's

ZeusAnd, artcat900 and a few others. Great meeting you guys, hopefully that secondary spring I had helped you guys on your way.

The 73 was freshly groomed and made first tracks to La Tuque. The 355 was also mint down to shawinigan.

760 miles for the 4 days. Looking forward to the next trip in 3 weeks