Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Today Hden, Mikerider, Zeusand and myself rode to Sacre Coeur for lunch, 323 miles.

Here are some pictures from today:

Did you guys do round trip of Sacre Coere at 323 miles and did you go by Valin North of the river or south of the river and across the Ferry? Rob, do you know how much further it is to Forrestville from Sacre couer I believe by Trans Q 3 trail?

All my maps are packed. I will see Bill and the rest of the guys on Sat pm at the HI

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be coming to the area for the first time on Tuesday, Everbody on this forum seems to stay at the HI, before i found this site I booked a room at the Hotel Sagueneenee. Is this a good place to stay? It looks to be only a couple of miles down the road from the HI.

We stayed there last year for a week and liked it. The pool and hot tub are nice after a long day on the trail. Rob is right, there is not a DIRECT trail. There is a small feeder trail to the parking lot. You have to cross a main highway which can take a couple minutes, but not a real problem. With the Hockey tournament going on, alot of places are booked up. More people at the HI speak english which is handy. If you have you wife along, they will like the rooms at Hotel Sagueneenee.

Bill

We stayed there last year for a week and liked it. The pool and hot tub are nice after a long day on the trail. Rob is right, there is not a DIRECT trail. There is a small feeder trail to the parking lot. You have to cross a main highway which can take a couple minutes, but not a real problem. With the Hockey tournament going on, alot of places are booked up. More people at the HI speak english which is handy. If you have you wife along, they will like the rooms at Hotel Sagueneenee.

Bill

Thanks for the info, they told us when we called them they had trail access. the place looked really nice and my wife does ride with me. once we see the area for the first time we can decide the best place for us to stay next time.

Did you guys do round trip of Sacre Coere at 323 miles and did you go by Valin North of the river or south of the river and across the Ferry? Rob, do you know how much further it is to Forrestville from Sacre couer I believe by Trans Q 3 trail?

All my maps are packed. I will see Bill and the rest of the guys on Sat pm at the HI

We didn't go the shortest way.. On the return trip we took Bra St Louis and made an extra loop to St Charles to add some miles. Shortest way it is under 300 miles to go to Sacre Coeur and back from the HI. We would have liked to have made a loop on south side and the ferry, but we were afraid of the section of 383 between Petit-Saguenay and TQ3 being open. It was poorly maintained Last year.

Not sure of the exact distance between Sacre Coeur and Forrestville, but it's not very far, maybe 50 miles or so? Bill would know. Also if you are going to Forrestville from Saguenay it is shorter to take the trail to les Escoumins and then north on TQ3.

Hey Rob,

I am going to my doo dealer today, do you recommend I get the heated shield? I know you said your face got cold, but did you get a chance to see if the visor was going to fog in the extreme cold? I wasn't sure if you got to try it long enough to tell.

How long are you going to be there? Do you want me to pick up a rubber valve for you?

Thanks

Bill

JUST TO LET EVERYBODY KNOW 3 TO PETIT- SAGUENAY IS CLOSED THIS YEAR. THE TRAIL SHOWS UP ON ALL THE MAPS EXCEPT THE CHARLEVOIX MAP. A HOTEL OPERATOR POINTED THAT OUT TO ME.JUST DID A LOOP THIS WEEK (READ IT ON HARDCORE SLEDDER) I CANT TYPE FAST.

JUST TO LET EVERYBODY KNOW 3 TO PETIT- SAGUENAY IS CLOSED THIS YEAR. THE TRAIL SHOWS UP ON ALL THE MAPS EXCEPT THE CHARLEVOIX MAP. A HOTEL OPERATOR POINTED THAT OUT TO ME.JUST DID A LOOP THIS WEEK (READ IT ON HARDCORE SLEDDER) I CANT TYPE FAST.

THATS 383 IS CLOSED TO PETIT- SAGUENAY.

Hey Rob,

I am going to my doo dealer today, do you recommend I get the heated shield? I know you said your face got cold, but did you get a chance to see if the visor was going to fog in the extreme cold? I wasn't sure if you got to try it long enough to tell.

How long are you going to be there? Do you want me to pick up a rubber valve for you?

Thanks

Bill

I know some guys say the ele shield isn't needed, but I found it fogged up on me the second day up here while breaking trail at a mild 25F. I guess it depends on your own setup and all but for me the ele shield is a necessity. And that's not even counting days with freezing rain or those days with 100% humidity.. I'd say get the heated shield.

Thanks for the offer of picking up a valve, but I'm headed home tomorrow and have mine sitting right where I stupidly left them (on the table).

Well tomorrow I head home. I had a great week, lots of great rides, and lots of good times with friends. I put on over 1800 miles this past week.

I would like to mention that I believe our sport could not have a better or more qualified ambassador than Saguenay Bill. He unselfishly gives much of himself and his time to assist and provide guidance to others. I sometimes watch in amazement as Bill cheerfully fields questions and problems, large and small, that must seem at times to be never-ending.

Thanks Bill for all you do!

Hi Bill

What is the best route around the lake coming up from 355n. This will be the first trip up there and will be starting from the Mauricie area (St.-Roch-de Mekinac) 355 north around the lake and back. Was not sure of the milage around the lake it self. Figured a day up, a day around and a day back. Seems from everyones postings that area has easy 200 mile days without leaving in the dark and returning in the dark.

Thanks for the daily trail up dates and the great pics.

RLH

Hi Bill

What is the best route around the lake coming up from 355n. This will be the first trip up there and will be starting from the Mauricie area (St.-Roch-de Mekinac) 355 north around the lake and back. Was not sure of the milage around the lake it self. Figured a day up, a day around and a day back. Seems from everyones postings that area has easy 200 mile days without leaving in the dark and returning in the dark.

Thanks for the daily trail up dates and the great pics.

RLH

83 to St Hedwidge

Local trail fro St Hedwidge to 373

At the club house relais des buttes take the local trail thru St Methode to 93.

93 to 23

23 to 83

Local trail off 83 to St Andre thur St Francois de Sales back to 83

83 back to 355

Bill, get Mikerider to take a picture of the HI parking lot and post. Is it totally snowcovered? How many sleds in the corral at night? Hope to see you, J & G this coming Monday night. We are going to leave Quebec City Monday morning and be at the HI in the evening.

Mikerider, Ed, Ray 182 and I rode 195 miles today. The weather today was sunny but very, very cold. It was so cold that I didn't want to take my gloves off to take pictures. trails were great for the most part.

Hi Bill

I just wanted to let you know Mubs and I made it home safe and sound yesterday afternoon. Thanks for being a great host and tour guide. It was great to see everyone and meet Zeusand and Hden. We had a great ride on the Gaspe on the way home. We ended up with 1457 miles over the six days of riding. Hope to see you next month God willing.

Andy

Pic from trail 597 on the Gaspe not groomed and a lot of fresh snow!

Thanks Andyman for that great trip report (inject sarcasm here). 1457 miles and one picture?? Now I see why you like to travel with me. LOL

Here is a report.

Pic of me after 310 miles minus 24.

Pic 2

Me talking to the QPP AGAIN!!! One of several occasions on this trip!!!

Andy

Mikerider, John W,sasconst and I rode 205 miles today. We went to St Rose du Nord and interrupted the filming of a movie. We were out on the Saguenay River and were coming back to shore. I got hung up on some big chunks of ice. While trying to get off the ice, my motor was making too much noise while they were trying to film. Guy told me I stopped 50 actors from doing their thing until we got out of there. Some pics from today.