Conditions

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Rob...............came right through there Sunday..................great conditions up there huh? Gonna be in Qc Sunday to week from Monday............not sure where but somewhere.

Great conditions now, but they are saying +8C and rain here for monday, so I will prob head home then. Colder weather to follow for the rest of the week so it shouldn't do much damage to the trails.

TNT is fine. Its a tough choice, the Cat rides so nice in the bumps and the TNT runs and handles so nice. When I stop at camp to get a sled on the way to Quebec, I never know which I want to bring. Its a last second of splitting hairs and loading one into the truck. This week I chose the Cat, and of course there wasn t a bump on the trails all day yesterday, and I wish I had had the SkiDoo.

mike

Hi Bill

I just wanted to let you know that we got home safe and sound. It was great to see you again as well as the rest of the gang. Trip went great with some minor issues as I had a very close call west of Hebertville when a guy backed a F250 across the trail at an unmarked crossing. I managed to get stopped about 3 feet before the truck. One second earlier and it would have been the big groomed trail in the sky for Andyman. I ended up with 2145 miles for the trip and other than this incident and a minor mechanical it went great.

Andy

Tell Rob more Police!!!!

and this final pic deserves an explanation...

We come upon a car on the trail, front wheels slowly turning while stuck. Turns out not only did the young couple drive onto the trail and get stuck, but then proceeded to somehow lock themselves out of the vehicle, while it was in gear and front wheels slowly spinning as the engine idled!!! It was quite a sight :lol:

and this final pic deserves an explanation...

We come upon a car on the trail, front wheels slowly turning while stuck. Turns out not only did the young couple drive onto the trail and get stuck, but then proceeded to somehow lock themselves out of the vehicle, while it was in gear and front wheels slowly spinning as the engine idled!!! It was quite a sight :lol:

Obviously their minds were on something else :yahoo::lol::yahoo:

Mikerider, rob, sasconst,John, cornbinder and I rode 205 miles today. Andyman, do you know where this place is????

If you look in the corner by the coat rack I have a pillow and blanket hidden there just in case!!!

Sasconst, John, Ethan and I went out today after the couple hours of morning rain. Left at 11`00 and did 150 miles down 83 and Labaie area. Trails were like white velvet, very smooth. But temps were very warm all afternoon, felt like summer. Bill stayed and did sled maintenence.

Bill,

Just wanted to say Thank You for your help last week on the trail with the Allentown 7.

It was great riding with you!

We enjoyed many wonderful sites and met many wonderful people.

I am having a difficult time determining what sites were more beautiful! Indoors or Out.

Schooter

Bill,

Just wanted to say Thank You for your help last week on the trail with the Allentown 7.

It was great riding with you!

We enjoyed many wonderful sites and met many wonderful people.

I am having a difficult time determining what sites were more beautiful! Indoors or Out.

Schooter

Hi Schooter

Glad you came up to Paradise and had a good time. I also know you are younger than I am. I don't have a difficult time deteriming that post #168 is more beautiful than any thing I've see on here.

Bill

This evening while we were having supper the President of the Saguenay Snowmobile Club asked me to join them in there business meeting after supper. I did go to the meeting at about 8:30PM. I felt very welcome and honored to be asked several questions about why I ride in this region, how many US people come up here and why I stay at the HI. I told them this site and the Internet was a very powerful tool and that they should have a web site. They explained to me that they were working on one now. Here a few pictures of these dedicated folks. Words can not explain how much work goes into having a club and trails like they have here. Some of these folks I've know for 25 years and others for 10+. I really felt so welcome.

cornbinder,sasconst,John,mikerider and I rode 210 miles today. Trails weren't bad considering that we had 46F temps yesterday and about 17F this morning. This is pic of us having coffee at Scooby Raid.

Please Bill, tell me you caught them in between smiles! Cornbinder? Must be a story there. Is it one a mother could hear? Enjoy your riding.

Kathi