Balbuzzard selling gas?

ODog

I know this was discussed earlier in the season, but haven't heard much and want to make sure there's gas between Senneterre and Parent. Counting on BalBuzzard. We'll be coming through there (West to East)next Wed.

Thanks for confirming if you can.

Should be a bit chilly to say the least!

Edited by ODog

I don't understand. Thought that they couldn't get deliveries during the winter, and therefore charged a lot more for their gas. It seems to me that if they can get regular deliveries they are way overcharging for their gas. Sorry but I grow tired of these places taking advantage of snowmobilers, and I avoid them if I can. I know it's a long way from Clova to Senneterre and most people have to get gas there. It just really burns me. Sorry for the rant! Just my opinion.

They are in the middle of Butt F**k Nowhere! I don't believe they can get a large gas truck in to make the deliveries, so it has to come in a pickup with a rear tank. Likely they can only bring 200gal at a time, this means they likely have to make a couple trips per week. They charge more to cover these costs and to deter people from getting any more than necessary to get to a gas station.

I will happily pay the $2.50 a liter if that is what keeps gas available on a very remote stretch of trail. I don't want to carry gas in extra saddle jugs on the sled. You have to pay for convienence.

Boomerjericho this is not directed at you as a bash, just another viewpoint on $2.50 gas.

No offense taken smclelan, and yes I understand your viewpoint also. There is also another place just off 63 between Louvicourt and La Domaine that charges $2.00 liter. The run is just a little bit too long to make on a tankful, so you are forced to take a 9 mile detour down to a place I think is called Auberge Verendre. Again it's the only gas and they overcharge. But without it you are screwed so I guess $2.00 liter is better than no gas at all.