How The West was Won. AA B ta B

iceman

Hey Iceman does the E-tec have a pull start ?? Thanks for the reports, keep at it !

Yeah he had it installed on there. But it is a beast to pull start. Take it from the guy who does the pulling on that rope, me.

Takes a lot of pulls even after spinning engine from clutch side to loosen it up. No fun at all.

When it's warm and say bad starter or something then yeah good for that.

Day 5

Stayed at Quality Inn to try something new in Val d'Or was great. The free continental breakfast was awesome. Plus saved 15% on room with aaa card. Nice.

Sleds both started today no problems. Mine was again plugged in all night and the battery brought inside again.

Left Val d'Or at 9:30 am 83 east to Louvincourt then 386 down to 63. Turned around and reversed the same trajectory back to Forrestel in Val d'Or.

Locked and loaded at hotel.

230 miles today.

Truck to Relais Iceman Tmmrw.

1100 miles for the 5 days.

Sorry to hear about the brand new Genius going to crap. I have heard only good about them until this. Ice, let us know what the final diagnosis is?

Since the Etec battery was inside and still needed a boost, I would say it is a bad battery or maybe bad connection since it started next time. (could also be bad internal connector that riding vibration opens/closes to make dead cell)

Sounds like a great trip. Thanks letting us 'voyeurs' share.

I forgot to add.

Next time you are out that way Trailblazer this is for u.

Last Day

relais kitcisakik To intersection TQ 63

50 minutes.

Same time on way back up. well close to it, 52 minutes. I guess I was sightseeing a bit on the way back.

Mine was again plugged in all night and the battery brought inside again

That must've been quite a task to remove the battery from the Apex in the parking lot at - what ever, I usually only do it at the beginning of the season in a garage to change the oil filter.

That must've been quite a task to remove the battery from the Apex in the parking lot at - what ever, I usually only do it at the beginning of the season in a garage to change the oil filter.

Sorry for the Confusion JG. My Apex plugged in with coolant heater. Battery not removed from mine.

We removed the Battery from the E-Tec. Very easy not like the Apex.