308 From Cayamant to Waltham

doonali

Is it open? Condition? Mileage?

Thank you.

yes it`s open.....saw the intersection on 308 north of lac cayamant last sunday. Haven`t rode it this year. I don`t know about conditions and mileage but here's 2 links

http://club-motoneiges-oursblancs.com/Default-e.aspx

http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showClubConditions?page=sen&cid=185

gas available at Black Rollway Pavillon

I cannot find Black Rollway on my maps I've heard it mentioned in trail reports not sure what or where it is?

Pavillon du Black Rollway is located on the local trail (orange trail) between 308 and 322 in the eagle forest west of Maniwaki. it`s a relay. gas and food available

Pavillon du Black Rollway is located on the local trail (orange trail) between 308 and 322 in the eagle forest west of Maniwaki. it`s a relay. gas and food available

Is this typically a good riding area? I'm looking at maybe a loop from Maniwaki south to Waltham across 43 then back north.

trails west of Maniwaki (308 north of lac cayamant,local trail around Black Rollway area and 322) are the best trails in our area. I can`t speak for Waltham area as I never ride in that area. Last time I rode 308 towards Fort-Coulonge was in 2005 on our way to Rapides des Joachims. I know for a fact that 308 has been relocated a few times over the past years. Would be appreciated to have some feedback if You venture in that area.

trails west of Maniwaki (308 north of lac cayamant,local trail around Black Rollway area and 322) are the best trails in our area. I can`t speak for Waltham area as I never ride in that area. Last time I rode 308 towards Fort-Coulonge was in 2005 on our way to Rapides des Joachims. I know for a fact that 308 has been relocated a few times over the past years. Would be appreciated to have some feedback if You venture in that area.

I'll be sure to let you know what I find if I venture that way. I'll be riding for 3 day's late next week with a couple of first timers to QC. I would have liked a northern loop with a couple of over nights but they wanted to stay in one place and do loops for there first time....

• 2 weeks later...

Mid Range, We did the loop we discussed across 308 this past Sat. From Maniwaki 13 s to 322 to orange trail to 308-43-311-13-308-orange -322 all the way to up to Grand Remous 63 and dropped back down into Maniwaki 335mi.

Overall trails were good 322 had stutter bumps but no prob,308 was narrow for the first 10 mi or so trail is shared half groomed half plowed then it opened up not marked very well but at intersections my GPS was handy never passed a sled until 80mi out at Jims lake. FYI 308 is not groomed for approx. 1mi near there they cannot get a groomer in there.

Edited by doonali

Mid Range, We did the loop we discussed across 308 this past Sat. From Maniwaki 13 s to 322 to orange trail to 308-43-311-13-308-orange -322 all the way to up to Grand Remous 63 and dropped back down into Maniwaki 335mi.

Overall trails were good 322 had stutter bumps but no prob,308 was narrow for the first 10 mi or so trail is shared half groomed half plowed then it opened up not marked very well but at intersections my GPS was handy never passed a sled until 80mi out at Jims lake. FYI 308 is not groomed for approx. 1mi near there they cannot get a groomer in there.

thanks for your feedback. We rode over 400 miles last friday and saturday around Maniwaki-Mont-Laurier,Chute Saint-phillipe,Sainte-Anne du lac,Baskatong,JB Scott,Lunic,Mekoos. Trails were in top shape for the most part.

We rode Thur,Fri,Sat. 865 mi total. As you said conditions were very good to excellent. I Brought two first timers to QC and they had a great time and are already planning next yr's rides with me to do at least a couple tours.

Edited by doonali