Gaspesien Adventures

Day 1

Saturday March 7

Phil1, Momojohnny & myself saddled up & left on sleds from Hotel Bernieres in Levis under sunny skies & 16*F. Took 75 to 5 to Montmagny & topped off the tanks. Took 551 down to 35 & headed east. After coffee at the Tourville Relais we continued on the 35 (The Monk). After hauling ass for a while on the rail bed I noticed Phil1 was not behind me anymore. Rut Ro. After backtracking we found Phil with his Polaris motor seized after 153 miles on the new motor. Game over for Phil. Towed him back to Relais Tourville & had an extensive pow-wow. Got a pickup ride arranged for Phil back to Bernieres with his dead horse. Momo & I continued on to RDL & checked into Hotel Universal.

Ps. Trails 10/10 Awesome conditions.

290 miles

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just depressing news. I hope they get you fixed In time to ride Phil. I can't believe it. Someone has you on a lemon list because you certainly are a great rider.

Day 2

Sunday March 8

Woke up a little late with the DST hour loss of sleep. Snowing lightly with a temp of 20*F. Saddled up & headed east. Skies continued to clear thruout the day allowing the beauty of the Gaspesie to show. Took 5 east most of the day. Trails 9/10 all the way except for @ 20 miles of trail east of Matane. Stutter bumps at 70mph weren't that bad. Gotta love riding east all afternoon with the sun over your shoulder out here. SWEET!

Staying in Cap-Chat @ Motel Nanook.

287 miles

Come on Phil. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the gathering. Shoot down to Jackman Maine (Jackman Power Sports-sells all 4 brands) and pick up a four stroke. Then meet me in Jackman Wednesday night and ride with me to the gathering! Leave me a PM on QR if interested or text me at 207-522-2673.

mike

Thanks all for the kind words. I am back in PA ordering a 4 stroke for next season. May be back for a week on 3/22 as our friend Shane has a garage full of sleds and has offered me one. Personally I think Shane is crazy but we shall see. :rofl:

:drinks:

Shane was right! Don't let phil near any of your equiptment. Phil: Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Better look at a 4 stroke. Combat We met at La Cabanon when you were with Shane..

What advantage do the four stroke sleds have over the two stroke? Are they better at long mile travel? I have a two stroke 800 etec and hope to do some saddle bag rides next season.

What advantage do the four stroke sleds have over the two stroke? Are they better at long mile travel? I have a two stroke 800 etec and hope to do some saddle bag rides next season.

The biggest advantage is not hearing that constant voice in my helmet going Tic, Tic, Tic, Tic, Tic and the inevitable KaBOOM!!

Thanks all for the kind words. I am back in PA ordering a 4 stroke for next season. May be back for a week on 3/22 as our friend Shane has a garage full of sleds and has offered me one. Personally I think Shane is crazy but we shall see. :rofl:

Phil I hope you get some satisfaction (read compensation) from the dealer that put that motor in? IMO something is very wrong with their work.

Sorry for your loss Phil, Gaspésie is a great run and paired up the none other than FS and Momo you would've had a great time no doubt.

I moved over to 4 stroke sleds almost 10 years now, went from A/C's to Yamaha and haven't any/zero issues with the engines, what you need to get used too is the little extra weight in front naturally....... but it's definitely worth the extra weight having the piece of mind.

1st 4 stroker traded it in with 22000klms on it for the second which I am currently riding with 32500 Klms on it.

Good luck with your next choice.

Edited by Trailblazer

Snowfarmer / TB

Was at, of all places, a Ski Doo dealer this am checking out the 2106 Renegade X 1200 among others. Moving the Gade to XP chassis was a good move on Doo's part.

With any luck and the weather holding I will get back to Gaspésie on 3/22 for a week. Tom & Mike are great guys and I am sorry I had to come home. It was the lease of the evils most importantly I did not want to further ruin Tom's trip he comes from Florida and to make him ride in circles for two days while they tried to fix my sled was not an option in my mind. No one was hurt we can replace rebuild equipment...

Snowfarmer / TB

Was at, of all places, a Ski Doo dealer this am checking out the 2106 Renegade X 1200 among others. Moving the Gade to XP chassis was a good move on Doo's part.

With any luck and the weather holding I will get back to Gaspésie on 3/22 for a week. Tom & Mike are great guys and I am sorry I had to come home. It was the lease of the evils most importantly I did not want to further ruin Tom's trip he comes from Florida and to make him ride in circles for two days while they tried to fix my sled was not an option in my mind. No one was hurt we can replace rebuild equipment...

I think it will be interesting to see how a bullet proof 1200 survives in the hands of Phil1 It will be the true test! LOL! :shok:

Phil I hope you get some satisfaction (read compensation) from the dealer that put that motor in? IMO something is very wrong with their work.

vt they put the new motor in but did not solve the reason it blew. I am going to visit them tomorrow morning, stay tuned.

My thoughts exactly! Fixing a blown engine is one one thing but then you have to find and fix the issue that caused it. I have always been a Polaris fan and I still am and I know they dont have the best track record for engine reliability but they certainly are not this bad. I will jump back to Polaris as soon as they give me a 4 as I am now hooked on them also. I am not holding my breath as they seem like they will never again enter the 4 stroke sled market.

I am guessing a pinched oil line??