Gaspesien Adventures

Day 10
March 16

Saddled up the sleds and pulled out of RDL at 5:30am under clear starry skies & a crescent moon. Temp 14*F. Took TQ5 west then dropped down to TQ35 west to save time. Blasted down the railroad bed to the Tourville Relais thinking that it might be closed at this early hour. It was. Dropped in all the fuel caddies & continued the additional 35 miles to next gas stop & fueled up. As we continued west the new snow levels from the prior day continued to increase. Glad we weren't the first sleds thru breaking trail or we might have run out of fuel. Fresh snow looked like 8-10 inches. After @ 150 miles yet ANOTHER 2-SMOKE DOWN. Chain case grinding big time. Got Marty set up with pickup truck & Gary & I continued on to Bernierres in Levis where their trucks were. Pulled in & Marty was waiting. Loaded my sled in his pickup & he drove me across the Saint Lawrence to motel Colibri. Snowman solo again. Rode in to Trois-Rivieres & dropped my sled off at my dealer. Arrived at 2:45pm. Not bad. RDL to Trois-Rivieres with a Fleuve crossing & in before 3:00pm. Early start & great trails sure did help. Marty was there waiting with his pickup truck & we pulled out at 3:15pm to begin the ride back home. Got to Saugerties & my truck at 9:15pm & continued to NJ arriving at 11:00pm. Long day for sure! All in all & fantastic 10 days of sledding! Sorry that my season is over. Get up there & ride. There is a lot of good riding available.
328 miles
Total trip: 2442 miles

Edited by Florida Snowman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed reading your post and was looking forward to the next, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I know how much of an effort it is to post a report and pics on the go and for many it is too much,

Thanks again Tom

Tom, these stories and adventures are too good to just cut us all off cold turkey. Keep riding!

Remember how the Ace Pilots used to have little pictures on the side of their plane of all the planes they shot down. Maybe decals on the side of your sled of all the two strokes that have grenaded riding with you.

mike

Day 10

March 16

Saddled up the sleds and pulled out of RDL at 5:30am under clear starry skies & a crescent moon. Temp 14*F. Took TQ5 west then dropped down to TQ35 west to save time. Blasted down the railroad bed to the Tourville Relais thinking that it might be closed at this early hour. It was. Dropped in all the fuel caddies & continued the additional 35 miles to next gas stop & fueled up. As we continued east the new snow levels from the prior day continued to increase. Glad we weren't the first sleds thru breaking trail or we might have run out of fuel. Fresh snow looked like 8-10 inches. After @ 150 miles yet ANOTHER 2-SMOKE DOWN. Chain case grinding big time. Got Marty set up with pickup truck & Gary & I continued on to Bernierres in Levis where their trucks were. Pulled in & Marty was waiting. Loaded my sled in his pickup & he drove me across the Saint Lawrence to motel Colibri. Snowman solo again. Rode in to Trois-Rivieres & dropped my sled off at my dealer. Arrived at 2:45pm. Not bad. RDL to Trois-Rivieres with a Fleuve crossing & in before 3:00pm. Early start & great trails sure did help. Marty was there waiting with his pickup truck & we pulled out at 3:15pm to begin the ride back home. Got to Saugerties & my truck at 9:15pm & continued to NJ arriving at 11:00pm. Long day for sure! All in all & fantastic 10 days of sledding! Sorry that my season is over. Get up there & ride. There is a lot of good riding available.

328 miles

Total trip: 2442 miles

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Glad to hear you are home safe and the rest of your adventure was excellent after we parted! Sorry to hear another sled was sacrificed.

I think you meant to say "As we continued WEST . . . " eh ??

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2015 at 9:53 PM, NH-Moose said:

Sorry to hear about Phil1's meltdown. I hope a rental is in the works?

Tom, how can you top Momo's lucky PJ's?

Have a great trip!

John

image.jpg

I threw them away in Matane  3/11/15:hi: