Blocked oil line on rebuilt short block.

Phil 1

vt blue

600IQ

You gentlemen were correct. Dealer claims that the short block came destine for failure, blocked oil line. I put quart of oil in first tank to break in, what was left along with what little was being pumped in kept motor together until the rail bed, even running at 50 - 55 trying to be good to new motor was not enough oil. Took out crank bearings. So I sit here at my desk and Polaris does not care they told me that is why we have warranties.

=@:help:=@ tic tic tic

Jim this is a new motor, the first one let go in Michigan earlier this year. This one had 140 - 150 miles on it. First one lasted 3900 miles.

Jim this is a new motor, the first one let go in Michigan earlier this year. This one had 140 - 150 miles on it. First one lasted 3900 miles.

Will they get it back to you before your trip to the gaspe? Or Shane going to lend you one, 3900 miles is that a record for you? I know 150 miles is for sure

Edited by Jackstraw

137" Jim, I agree 4 stroke to make it to the end of a trip...

Thanks Tom hopefully next time there is a very different result. About time I get cut a break by the motoneige gods... :drinks:

Safe trip home.

Phil, I think the choice you made will make you happy AND last a long time. No need for premium gas and you don't have to carry $$$ injection oil.

As far as the failed short block, someone failed to check things over - end of discussion. <Nothing you did>

Cheers!

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Phil: You won't be sorry with the Viper. Hank and I have 2014 vipers with about 3600 miles on them. Everything has been great.

They had a fuel mapping issue which they have a remap available for. These sleds run great at 60-70 for extended periods.

Just keep on ticking. I also have a 2005 Rage with 8100 miles on and it is just like new. Great motors!

Have a great summer and hope to run into you next year.

Regards

COMBAT

At about 10,400 miles on my ACE 900, trying to decide go for another one (ACE 900) or keep on trucking with this one.

This sled has made me a four stroke convert for sure. Haven't even changed the belt yet, bearings original, and haven't yet rebuilt the clutch.

mike

This one.

I like the longer track 141 . F and s Yamaha has some good numbers. Good group many of my older riding buddies buy off them services after the sale is first class. They including my self rode polaris out of trumbaurs in q town.

Edited by rmk

At about 10,400 miles on my ACE 900, trying to decide go for another one (ACE 900) or keep on trucking with this one.

This sled has made me a four stroke convert for sure. Haven't even changed the belt yet, bearings original, and haven't yet rebuilt the clutch.

mike

Mike keep it going for another year. We need someone to test the longevity of these 900's. I dont put on near as many miles as you but we have 4600 miles on both of them. Zero issues, clutch, bearings, belts all untouched to date.