Question for QR Doo'ers...

mcstar

I posted on Dootalk and got mixed answers (large variety of ages and riding areas) so I decided to ask here since we all more or less ride the same trails!....(just some ride them faster than others!!!) ....

I want to replace sled and on the fence to get 129 or 137 track?

What is the Pro's and Cons of the 137?

One guy posted he measured the track at show and the 137 is only 4" more track on the ground?.

Longer is better, don't be scaried to consider 144". I have had 3 144" track sleds, the longer the better if you are doing big trail miles. Plus it gives a bit more floatation if you happen to be on a trip and get dumped on!!

Just My Opinion

I posted on Dootalk and got mixed answers (large variety of ages and riding areas) so I decided to ask here since we all more or less ride the same trails!....(just some ride them faster than others!!!) ....

I want to replace sled and on the fence to get 129 or 137 track?

What is the Pro's and Cons of the 137?

One guy posted he measured the track at show and the 137 is only 4" more track on the ground?.

Hi Mario, I think if you were considering 121 and thinking going up to a137 track might be more of a debate, you are going to feel more push at times in corners with a 129 or 137, as far as the 4 inches I have read the same thing, sounds about right 8 inches longer track. I like the ride on the longer track and the luggage (gas can) I can bring and the links stuff that ski-doo has to offer. Started riding the longer track 2007, would not go back to a shorter track because it fits my needs for my saddle bag trips in Canada and Vermont, I ride with 8 friends that have all gone to the long track. Good luck on your choice of your 2016, not a bad problem to have. Pat

I spring ordered a 2014 900Ace Renegade. It was my first “long” track. I ended up selling that to my brother and spring ordering the exact same sled for 2015. You will notice a little push, but it’s not bad. The 129 might be a great middle of the road length but I’m waiting to find out before I make a move.

I don’t think either one will be a bad choice. I guess it all depends on the conditions of the day.

Longer is better, don't be scaried to consider 144". I have had 3 144" track sleds, the longer the better if you are doing big trail miles. Plus it gives a bit more floatation if you happen to be on a trip and get dumped on!!

Just My Opinion

This used to add long track kits back when factory didn't make them. You change your style to the ride

Mario go with the 137 you will not be disappointed I've been riding one since 2006 and would never go back … 137 is better in the deep snow and 129 is better in the twisties so they say I think it all depends on the Rider and having the extra room to carry stuff is nice.

Edited by crazysnow

137" for sure, I was nervous goiing from a 121" to a 137" years ago myself, would never go back. I notice no push whatsoever.

137" for sure, I was nervous goiing from a 121" to a 137" years ago myself, would never go back. I notice no push whatsoever.

X2

Thanks guy's the winner is ............137!!

I think I am going to stay with the 1200

Been on 137's since 2010 and don't even consider going back to 121''. Properly setup they can run with 121's in tight twisty trails and you gain more span when you get into trash moguls and also the added benefits of being more capable off trail and offering more possibility's with carrying gas caddy luggage etc.

What are you guys seeing for gas mileage with the 1200's?

13-16 ...if you're cruising in the back closer to 16...if you're leading closer to 13!

a few weeks back i did not go over 70 one day on a 115 mile run without gas and when I gassed up it took 25 liters, that's like 17mpg!

13-16 ...if you're cruising in the back closer to 16...if you're leading closer to 13!

a few weeks back i did not go over 70 one day on a 115 mile run without gas and when I gassed up it took 25 liters, that's like 17mpg!

Huh....then I'll prob get around 11mpg...haha...

What are you guys seeing for gas mileage with the 1200's?

14 all day long, no matter the conditions.

17 +/- 1 , now with PB80 over drive with Cudney Spring, 40 tooth lower sprocket.

ITC on the 1200 should get you close to 17.

GutZ

Hi McStar!

I have had the same struggle with the track size....In a perfect world I would like both. The 129 would be great in the Ontario twisties for sure but I rode Ontario the least last two seasons.

I ordered another renegade and this time I will go with a bit bigger lug, last year my track didn't do me any favours trying to keep up with Jean-Guy in the Zec! I am going to go pre-studded again with a 1.6 Cobra.

One more ride this weekend in Cochrane Ontario then switching to the fishing boat.

Enjoy the summer! Hope we ride together next year!

Lindasledgirl

What ever engine you choose go with the 137 and the pre studded track. I have blown 7 wheels this year between the two sleds with aftermarket studs. $44.00 a wheel US price.

Prestudded is the way to go, there's the security of knowing you'll never throw a stud into the rad, there's the added traction to consider, no holes in the track, no idler wheel issues and if you can get all that factory installed is an added bonus. Like smclelan mentioned its a big expense to to swap a track.

I personally modified my 137 Apex to a 144 skid and track (Ice Attack), sure it's a little tougher in the twisties but on long trails, in the bumps, some off trail excursions and the extra rear tunnel length makes up for the added effort needed in the twisties. I don't think I would go much more than the 144 for trail riding.

Good luck with your selection Mario

JG