Question for QR Doo'ers...

mcstar

Steven:

What brand / size did you use? Did any unscrew / come out? I've been thinking of going this route. I have a 1.25 RipSaw II track.

Thanks

Phil

"I bought the small studs that screw into the lug, same as pre studded. A fraction the price of big ones, no idler issues, considerably lighter, and no expensive track swap."

Steven:

What brand / size did you use? Did any unscrew / come out? I've been thinking of going this route. I have a 1.25 RipSaw II track.

Thanks

Phil

"I bought the small studs that screw into the lug, same as pre studded. A fraction the price of big ones, no idler issues, considerably lighter, and no expensive track swap."

MaxiGrip Studs is what I used. I have not seen that I have lost any studs. This is the second winter for them and I have absolutely no complaints. I bought a box of 200, H18 screw in studs. The box comes with a driver head to put in your drill. 200 delivered to the house, tax and shipping was around $220 at that time.

www.maxigripstore.com

Steven

Glad they are working, going to do that for next season. A shade tree project for a warm summer day with a wobbly pop or two...

Thank you

I just traded my 2013 Renegade X 800 with the ice ripper track on a 2016 Renegade X 1200 with the ice ripper, the ice ripper track served me very well and I will NEVER stud another track, and yes, as much as I loved my 800 it is time to stop worrying about reliability as well as carrying oil on the long Quebec trips.

Mark

honestly in Quebec you do not need studs 99.9% of the time unless you are a lake racer on pure ice.

but OCCASIONALLY there are some icy spots and the pre studded or car type studs can make the difference in safety in corners, steep hills or braking just my 2 cents.

I ride only in Quebec and my carbideso and hyfax last 3 seasons!!!