$$$peeding $$$$$

My buddy just got his love letter from LaTuque in regards to his ticket in February for speeding 150k in a 70k in the park just before trail to Lac Eduaord. Fine levied is $744.00 and it sure sounds excessive. Anyone have any advise on good defense, or way out or what happens if he doesn't pay fine?

Hey now! Yes those pesky police are always out there somewhere.

Best I can tell you is to have him pay it. Only gonna cause problems down the trail later. Unless of course he has no plans to cross into Canada again cause sooner or later if they check him at Border it will show up.

There are quite a few places you need to know they like to hang out. That 73 is one cause they know is easy pickings and also in La Tuque near the airport.

But he'll u never know me n the boys got stopped on 83 just at the eastern trail to Gouin. They were hiding there behind the sign for the lodge. No tickets just a warning. This was 2 years ago. I said "come on now we are in the bush here it ain't like we are doing this thru town." As always one good cop one playing bad cop. They were most upset with the placement of my plate saying my boot was blocking it from being read. Got a warning for that too.

I got nailed for ~90k in a 50k zone. He was taking my info and said the guy that just left had a $700 fine, mine was ~$200. I was going to fight it because there was no proper 50k limit instead of the general 70k limit, but stuff came up and it was easier to pay. I don't think u have a prayer with that speed, like iceman said, pay it, or stay away. The best advice is take it slow near the towns on Saturday and sunday. Here's team iceman planning our defense strategy at Gouin...

post-12-0-11003400-1428532094_thumb.jpg

50 miles an hour over the limit doesn't leave him much room to argue it. They probably hit him with a careless/reckless operation in addition to the speed violation I would suspect. Perhaps how much you are over the speed limit dictates the fine/charge? :hi:

www.ticket911.ca

When the cost of paying a ticket is too costly in more ways than one, these guys will help reduce fines, help waive the demerit points and give great advice on how to handle your own case in court.

I used them a few years back when they were young on the market and it paid off for me. "I fought the law and I won" lol.

There's a lot you don't know.

Thanks for the advise especially the web site. Will pass it on. By the way, I was the lucky one in the snow dust behind him they couldn't get the gun on me. We were on Trail 73 and they were in the middle of no where when they stopped us only about 5 miles after the warming hut at the entrance on a Friday and we never saw a sled coming in the other direction to warn us. Trail was mint and the perfect location.

Perfect sense to me :)

Hey now! Yes those pesky police are always out there somewhere.

Best I can tell you is to have him pay it. Only gonna cause problems down the trail later. Unless of course he has no plans to cross into Canada again cause sooner or later if they check him at Border it will show up.

There are quite a few places you need to know they like to hang out. That 73 is one cause they know is easy pickings and also in La Tuque near the airport.

But he'll u never know me n the boys got stopped on 83 just at the eastern trail to Gouin. They were hiding there behind the sign for the lodge. No tickets just a warning. This was 2 years ago. I said "come on now we are in the bush here it ain't like we are doing this thru town." As always one good cop one playing bad cop. They were most upset with the placement of my plate saying my boot was blocking it from being read. Got a warning for that too.

Pay it. They get you at the boarder next time over. I found this to be true. Earned a ticket in winter of 99 that summer while crossing they got pissy

Edited by rmk

I not a lawyer and it seems from the web site that it could apply (points) to your drivers license if they wanted to reciprocate the charge back to NYS, Correct?

Seems yes if you live in NY tickets there count from QC and Ontario