For the Yamaha Guys.

iceman

Thanks for sharing that Iceman. Many of the points may be lost on the non-technical but for those that 'get it', the seemingly subtle differences add up and the proof is in the longevity. A Vector recently completed 99,956 miles without any motor rebuilds or failures - just normal by-the-book maintenance.

- Interesting that the piece you shared came out of Yamaha Canada - haven't seen anything down here yet.

800steve cheap shot I have seen all 4 brands start and NOT start in very cold weather. Take that $hit to HCS it's not welcome here!!!

800steve cheap shot I have seen all 4 brands start and NOT start in very cold weather. Take that $hit to HCS it's not welcome here!!!

Not looking to give CHEAP SHOTS, just my thoughts, Having owned a few Yamaha bikes I know they build great motors. But there sleds are not for me in the extreme cold. I ride with a few that are no starts on the bad mornings. Seems more of a Yami problem than others.

I know guys that have Yamaha four strokes and they are very reliable.The doo four strokes are also reliable. The bottom line is after 15 or 20 thousand miles the chassis and everything else is slowly becoming junk and who wants to ride a sled with 20,000 miles on it especially if your saddle bagging and driving 500 miles with the trailer to go on vacation.

IMO even with a 4 stroke you need a new sled after twenty thousand miles unless you're putting around your cabin

The no start problem is real, but there are solutions that work.

Would rather deal with no start in morning then not finishing a trip or a day on another brand when it's done running.

800Steve sorry I guess I misunderstood your statement.

I do agree that 20,000 miles is too many on any sled, I was just glad to get back to the truck and finally complete a trip. I will surely ride a 4 stroke and the Yamaha on it's initial run was very nice.

I had a Yamaha. Great sled. It seemed too heavy for me and didn't hug the trail like my skidoo.

I don't need it to last 20,000 km. I would rather buy new and not have to repair replace maintain and store.

My trade this year is $3000 and that's ok with me. 6100 km send her back. Get my new ride in time for Mont Vallin dec 6 th. All my accessories put on the new ride from the old ride no charge.

Works for me...I don't know how to fix anything and need the room in my garage for my fishing tackle lol

Lindasledgirl

PS only one brand didn't start and one brand blew up on my excursions this year. Neither were skidoo.

800Steve sorry I guess I misunderstood your statement.

I do agree that 20,000 miles is too many on any sled, I was just glad to get back to the truck and finally complete a trip. I will surely ride a 4 stroke and the Yamaha on it's initial run was very nice.

Glad to see you are having better luck.

NO COMMENT ??? that's not like you ...... ha ha ha !!!

Sitting at home with a blown Apex engine.....yup that's right a blown Apex engine, more on that later when I'm done with the rebuild.

Stay tuned

JG