Winter Mileage

smclelan

Those of us that have been sledding Quebec for several years have seen changes in the number of sledders on the trails. Most of the fluctuations are caused by the economy. Last winter gas was lower and the exchange rate was more favorable for those coming from south of the border. Did these two factors help make people put more miles on this past winter then in the previous few??

I due to uncontrollable circumstances put one less miles this winter then past winters.

Steven:

In my case fuel price and exchange rate had me headed for a record mileage winter. I was on track until the Polaris blew 150 miles into trip with Tom. I ended up with 3900 miles and if I had done the 2400 with Tom it would have been a record for me. I hope exchange rate and fuel is the same or better this coming winter, with the advent of riding a sled that hopefully will get me through trips only time will tell. I was in Quebec 3 times, U P of Michigan and even had lunch in Wisconsin.

post-51-0-42968400-1430952550_thumb.jpg

Big zero for the past two seasons physical injuries. But will actively change that this season. Exchange rate and cost have little weight on my riding. But does have an effect on the places I stay. when lower percentage are had I'm more frugal with lodge expenses.

Picked up a stellar inline last week now I fill it late June with leftover

Edited by rmk