Safari

He really helped me out with a broken sled. Loved that song. He was one of the really good guys! Really cared about sled doers and being honest! "Bernard is my name, sledding is my game!"

Well it seems the project for a rehab did not work out. I see a Sign now (not Safari) but just says Motel. And advertises rooms rennovated from $69.95. So it's still alive.

Not sure if the Phone number has chaged but I will get it and post it here for those interested.

Great info, Thanks iceman

Well it seems the project for a rehab did not work out. I see a Sign now (not Safari) but just says Motel. And advertises rooms rennovated from $69.95. So it's still alive.

Not sure if the Phone number has chaged but I will get it and post it here for those interested.

Thank you Iceman. I have stayed at the Safari numerous times and it works well for our group and riding destinations. So if you do get any new info or numbers it would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

The name is Motel Drakaar now. I will get the number and post it. Just saw the new sign with the name today.

There is also a new restaurant across the street (where the old Rose Mer was) its a Pizzeria Socrates, serving till midnight all week and open for breakfast too, as well as the Subway right there across the way too.

Edited by iceman

I by chance tried calling the old Safari number and it was answered by a guy that didn't speak English so he gave it to a woman that could speak a little English. She said it will be open but only the hotel not the motel (meaning the main lobby building will be open). I asked about the heated garage for sleds and she said yes it will be available. Hard to communicate with both not speaking each other's language but I appreciated her attempt in answering my questions.

• 3 years later...