Your Favorite Saguenay-Lac St-Jean Pics

smclelan

For some reason no one wanted to take their helmet off :nea:

Picture-120016.jpg

After getting quite warm from the climb up there over all the mogules, it was quite cold up top.

That would feel pretty good right now after a day like today.

i believe it is in/on LaBaie. the village is right on the river in the bay/cove, Bill would know the exact name.

Gutz

Is this on a river? I remember riding on a river that had lots of fishing shantys, it looked like a small town.

i believe it is in/on LaBaie. the village is right on the river in the bay/cove, Bill would know the exact name.

Gutz

That is down on Baie des Ha! Ha! in La Baie. I would guess there are 3,000 fishing huts between both sides of the Baie. Got to be the biggest ice fishing huts in one location in Quebec and maybe all of Canada. Ice is about 3' thick and the water is 300' deep about 1/2 mile out on the ice from the city of La Baie. It is some sight. I go there 2-3 times each year. People, who are fishing, will invite you into there huts for a beer and when they find out you are from the US they really like that. Good, good people. Back in 1992 and again in 2005 people caught sharks while icefishing in this area using tipups. 9 of us unloaded one off a pickup in Chambord back in 1992. Couldn't believe that it was actually a shark until you saw it's mouth and the teeth. I've got photos of us doing that. The one in 2005 was caught by a woman. Both were about 10' long and weighed about 400+ pounds. I tell people this and they think I'm BSing them. I have the newpaper story of the one in 2005. I'm glad I have the photos and newpaper story so I can back it up.

• 2 weeks later...