Alma - Lodging options - Hotel Universal?

snowrider3

Seems very few lodging options in town. Hotel Universal trail access? Last year, dark, arrived in town late, took a right just off the #23 trail that seemed to be marked for the Universal. Very narrow goat path into a residential housing area. Seemed to be a couple miles long, never made it to the Hotel Universal. Any intel from fellow riders? Thanks

Was ther a few years ago. Sounds like you were on the right trail. Narrow and ungroomed goat path. Went through town, through a small park area, crossed a couple of roads, and then ended up at the back of the Universal. There was a chain link enclosure for sleds that you had to go to the front desk and get a key. Sounds like you didn't go far enough to get there.

Thanks for the info guys. How about the Confort Inn just past Canadian Tire and La Cage Sports Bar. Although they do not seem to advertise on maps or have a sign anywhere. Wonder if the trail even goes to it? I think La Cage had a sign so maybe just skip down the side walk to the Comfort Inn?

Thanks for the info guys. How about the Confort Inn just past Canadian Tire and La Cage Sports Bar. Although they do not seem to advertise on maps or have a sign anywhere. Wonder if the trail even goes to it? I think La Cage had a sign so maybe just skip down the side walk to the Comfort Inn?

Comfort Inn is easier to get to but if I recall they do not have food there only a continental breakfast if that matters to you.

correct path - stayed tehre a few years ago - safe secure gated parjkign garage area

Place was nice - but over priced in my opinion ..... would rather saty in jonquiere, roberval or head out to relais 22

Stayed there a couple years ago with Andyman and a couple other sledheads. Nice spot, looked like a very secure parking area too. The only negative I have on the place is lugging all your bags and gear up and down the elevator, a person always seems to get over heated.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed there last year. Very frustrating finding it. It was dark and snowing. We were crossing bridges, going through neighborhoods, snow plows going by us. I finally stopped at a KFC, no one could help me. But in Quebec fashion, a couple in an SUV had seen us riding around and asked if we needed assistence. Told us where we wanted to go and they said, "follow us!" Led us right to the place.