M. Yvon Fortin

markusvt

Way before K31 was alive, he was the only option if you wanted gas or food, or a place to get warm on the mountains. In the early days he would lug the gas in on 5 gallon cans and dump them into into his storage tank so folks could buy gas. Is there anyone who has ridden the 93 that has not stopped there to warm up on that awesome wood stove!

Way before K31 was alive, he was the only option if you wanted gas or food, or a place to get warm on the mountains. In the early days he would lug the gas in on 5 gallon cans and dump them into into his storage tank so folks could buy gas. Is there anyone who has ridden the 93 that has not stopped there to warm up on that awesome wood stove!

Those were the days, back then before KM31 when it was not the Zoo it can be now up there in the Zec Valin. He was a super guy and the ladies were very friendly. Way too soon at 72 years young. RIP Yvon.

I also remember him taking his big dog, Blackie, on his snowmobile. Blackie sat in front of him.

Somewhere I have a Picture (the old kind printed on paper) of his dog sitting on one of our sleds while Yvon is pumping gas in it. Just can not find it.

Yer we pulled in to la chapelle in 2006 or 7 and blackie was spread out on a sled , place was packed , we went inside and got in queue for food , a crowd of Americans in front of us one said " I wonder where that dog sleeps " another one came straight back "any where he likes "

We too have pictures of him on sled , sooo.... funny.