Heated Gloves

Daniel

Yes, I purchased a pair of heated gloves before last season, I rode ~3000 mile with them last season. I have problems with 3 of my fingers I frostbit in the past, and got to the point that I couldn't ride without heated gloves. So I did a lot of research, and bought the best heated gloves I could find. They are called Chaval, and I love them. A charge will last me through the day. They only have an on and an off button, as the gloves sense the temperatures of your fingers and heat when needed. They are leather, and supposedly aren't waterproof, but I don't put my gloved hands in water anyway. I never had a problem with them getting wet.

The downside - $400 US

My wife has been using Gerbing gloves and socks for years. I have them powered from my sleds electrical system. The only issue is too much heat. The temp controller (optional) is a must to adjust for comfortable temps.

http://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbing-ex-heated-gloves-12v.html

• 2 weeks later...

A riding partner bought them. He also has problems with cold hands. On the first pair 1 glove would not charge. He returned them and the second charged but did not last long. After 1 day both stopped working. Too much bother for him. And they were expensive.

action jack

I have had my pair for 5 + years. I only wear them when the temps are 0F or below. I have a pair of black beaver ones that I bought off a trapper in Dolbeau 20+ years ago. I wear these when it is 0 to +20F. These have a slight hole in them but with liners I don't feel any cold getting in. +20 and above I wear gloves. Riding in the Saguenay area I get alot of use out of the mitts and have seen no wear at all out of them. I am on my 3rd pair of Bilodeau's seal boots in the past 25 years. His stuff is superior. Costly but you get what you pay for.