Any Snow Yet?

MFARJM

Bill,

Have you made any plans yet for your first ride? There isn't even any frost in Mooers Forks, Ny! I'd like to ride somewhere before Jan 1, but none of my fellow riders can go yet.

Jeff

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RoadRunner thanks for the visual Prozac! Hat's off to you and yours!

A bunch more windshield time beats the heck out of a pity-party!

And, hmm... only 11h/864km from Shawini!...

Get on Autoroute 55 N/QC-155 N 3 min (2.0 km)

Take QC-359 S, Autoroute 40 E and QC-138 E to Tadoussac - Québec 138 in Baie-Sainte-Catherine 4 h 7 min (361 km)

Take the Tadoussac - Québec 138 ferry to Tadoussac 24 min (1.5 km)

Continue straight onto QC-138 E 2 h 1 min (184 km)

Drive to QC-389 N in Rivière-aux-Outardes 4 h 34 min (315 km) Relais-Gabriel, QC Canada

RoadRunner thanks for the visual Prozac! Hat's off to you and yours!

A bunch more windshield time beats the heck out of a pity-party!

And, hmm... only 11h/864km from Shawini!...

Get on Autoroute 55 N/QC-155 N 3 min (2.0 km)

Take QC-359 S, Autoroute 40 E and QC-138 E to Tadoussac - Québec 138 in Baie-Sainte-Catherine 4 h 7 min (361 km)

Take the Tadoussac - Québec 138 ferry to Tadoussac 24 min (1.5 km)

Continue straight onto QC-138 E 2 h 1 min (184 km)

Drive to QC-389 N in Rivière-aux-Outardes 4 h 34 min (315 km) Relais-Gabriel, QC Canada

Play hard, the drive was a long one particularly the 389 section which can be nasty, but for the time we had blocked out to go,it very much seemed worth it. The Groulx mtns provide a gorgeous back.

post-197-0-23513700-1450636262_thumb.jpeg

14.4 Miles on my new Blizzard! :yahoo: My twitchy thumb is better except for the fact I bent it backwards working on a local trail when I fell yesterday.

Miles were but on in my hayfields, no stones, only about 2 in. of snow but HeY. IT FELT GOOD! Now let's hope for a big PV to cool things down.

Moose Valley, what year?

The picture is from their FB page. It was posted today but it just says to check the state of the trails to visit their page. I am also thinking it is not from this year. Not sure though. There is some grooming pics there and they say it's groomed to Quebec border. I read that on CMIQ as well.

Like Valin they got just over a foot of snow 14" or so on the ground.

Valin probably got a bit more than that now after today.

Edited by iceman

Little pockets of snow here and there, too bad all a month late.

Saw a picture of the Reservoir in front of Windigo last week, no ice at all!

Definately no Ice anywhere. None safe anyway.

I'll stop by, pick you up and we go to Mont Valins!

We will be there with 100's of other sleds, confined to 200km of trails being ridden to death. Long lines at the few accessible gas and food stops. No base means no steering and hell on the carbides and studs. I love the open water bars, adds a special thrill to the adventure. Guys itching to ride for the last 6 months are now riding is if they have never ridden before. On my side, stopping in the middle of the trail to take a picture, u-turns everywhere and anywhere. Lets head off trail on 2 feet of powder, yummy. Stumps and rocks just under the snow waiting to wreak more havoc. Oops, half half the population here had the same idea and all the "secret" spots have been beat to death.

When we get home we get to look at the dings in the a-arms and hood from the rocks being thrown up, pressure wash the mud from underneath....

On second thought, maybe we wait just a bit longer......

I'll stop by, pick you up and we go to Mont Valins!

We will be there with 100's of other sleds, confined to 200km of trails being ridden to death. Long lines at the few accessible gas and food stops. No base means no steering and hell on the carbides and studs. I love the open water bars, adds a special thrill to the adventure. Guys itching to ride for the last 6 months are now riding is if they have never ridden before. On my side, stopping in the middle of the trail to take a picture, u-turns everywhere and anywhere. Lets head off trail on 2 feet of powder, yummy. Stumps and rocks just under the snow waiting to wreak more havoc. Oops, half half the population here had the same idea and all the "secret" spots have been beat to death.

When we get home we get to look at the dings in the a-arms and hood from the rocks being thrown up, pressure wash the mud from underneath....

On second thought, maybe we wait just a bit longer......

I with you. You know you are spot on.

Your neighbor?