Any Snow Yet?

MFARJM

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RR, Would I be guessing right if I said you were on an Expedition Extreme 800???

Always enjoy your early jaunts.

mike

Mike, unfortunately, I could not make the turkey day run, but they are both 800 extremes and as you can see a free ride, one of the extremes is Robs, I have stuck with the 1200 expedition but it is not in yet, ☹️ugh! , I will be taking a 900 renegade on this trip. RR Edited by RoadRunner

Pipeman, as the snow map reveals, the snow extends for hundreds of miles from 100 miles north of Baie Comeau up to and beyond Sept Isle and beyond into Labrador. The big issue is the rivers and large lakes are not safe yet so you get more limited, and there is no trail network so you do have to do your own navigating. Still fun to get out and get that first ride in. RR

post-197-0-65020500-1449013853_thumb.png

So nice to see snow. I was wondering how far Early Rider had to go this year. I can hardly get enough guys to make a 12 hour drive. It'd be over 20 for me to get there.

Yes Action Jack, Understand the challenge with those long 12 hour-hauls, Hope we don't have to do this all winter ,lol, Early Rider really likes to get out on that first snow, here's a great pic of Earlys new 800 extreme.

post-197-0-64189800-1449093659_thumb.jpeg

Gorgeous views up in that area

post-197-0-40473600-1449093702_thumb.jpeg

Pipeman, as the snow map reveals, the snow extends for hundreds of miles from 100 miles north of Baie Comeau up to and beyond Sept Isle and beyond into Labrador. The big issue is the rivers and large lakes are not safe yet so you get more limited, and there is no trail network so you do have to do your own navigating. Still fun to get out and get that first ride in. RR

attachicon.gifimage.png

I'd love the link to this snow map, if anyone has it...

Mark, we are on the manicougan reservoir. At Relais Gabriel.

Had some issues today with all 3 of the 800 extremes. The driven clutch on all 3 are not shifting back properly at times. The boys will do some clutch work to see if they can straightened out.

Heading towards Port Cartier today

post-197-0-16333100-1449309294_thumb.jpg

You boys have fun! If we don't have closer options soon I know the way........., (only 13 hours for me). It there any kind of trail system there, or logging road type riding?

http://www.tlhwy.com/central/hwy389guide.html

The gas-a-boggon looks like a fun ride, you take turns piloting that one?

Edited by markusvt