Duster

Going to trailer up Feb.2 to Temiscamingue

Stay at the Canadienne and start a three day two night tour of the area

First night in La Sarre

Second in Val D'or

Then back to Temiscamingue the third day

Can't wait !!

This will be my first trip to Quebec

Hi Duster ...My son and 4 other buddies are doing the same trip same time ..watch for 4 late model XP`s most of the are renegades and a late model yammi ....Great wide fast trails in that area. I may spend 4 or five days this winter in the Eastern Townships haven't been in that area will have to check with the folks down there to get info If you want to ride the Laurentians send me a note been riding there for many years, are you in the Barry's Bay area ? ...Hey Phil I see your location is Lehigh Valley, my nieces husband was the goalie on your hockey team for the last few years Robb Zepp..

Hi Duster ...My son and 4 other buddies are doing the same trip same time ..watch for 4 late model XP`s most of the are renegades and a late model yammi ....Great wide fast trails in that area. I may spend 4 or five days this winter in the Eastern Townships haven't been in that area will have to check with the folks down there to get info If you want to ride the Laurentians send me a note been riding there for many years, are you in the Barry's Bay area ? ...Hey Phil I see your location is Lehigh Valley, my nieces husband was the goalie on your hockey team for the last few years Robb Zepp..

I live on Baptiste Lake.Which is just north of Bancroft.

Usually sled thru Barry's Bay a couple times a year

Are you staying at the Canadienne on The 2nd as well ?

Going to trailer up Feb.2 to Temiscamingue

Stay at the Canadienne and start a three day two night tour of the area

First night in La Sarre

Second in Val D'or

Then back to Temiscamingue the third day

Can't wait !!

This will be my first trip to Quebec

My first trip to PQ was back in 99, and likely have been there sledding 40 times since. The Abitibi Region has some of the best snowmobiling in the world. Snowmobiling in Quebec is addictive, I am sure this won't be your only trip. I will be leaving February 5th from Point a LA Croix for a 10 day loop and will likely be through the Abitibi Region.

Have a great time.

Hey smclelan.

10 days....nice. I like your style. Longer the ride the better.

I have said it before i will say it again. West is Best.

Enjoy Duster and like was said above you will be craving for more Quebec trails after this first run. No doubt bout it.

Anyone been through Senneterre ?

How hard is it to get from 93 to 83

I will be coming from Amos are heading to Val D'or and would like to go around that way but looking at the map it looks a little complicated

Not complicated at all you will see the signs for the 83 and there are several feeder trails that will link up with the 83 as well. Take a spin over to Lac Failion if you have time that is a great part of 83 to run, it will be 83 east and you will see signs for it as well.

Also you could take a run up to Matagami, ( pretty much straight north of Amos, which by the way Amos has been awarded best tasting water in the world) then head east / South to Lebel Sur Quellevion then down to Senneterre etc... all great riding.

If you could squeeze a 4th day in all would be possible

Edited by Pipeman

Well according to the map we have three days at 180-200 miles a day

Not sure what it's like in Quebec but here in Ontario those a big mileage days so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to add any more destinations. Lol

I should have mentioned that we are coming from la sarre the day we head to Val Dor

Edited by Duster

Well according to the map we have three days at 180-200 miles a day

Not sure what it's like in Quebec but here in Ontario those a big mileage days so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to add any more destinations. Lol

In that part of Qc no problem. Unless you stop every 10 miles you'll be in by 3pm if not earlier. Very rarely do we have less then 100-125 miles on before lunch

Go for it Duster. Like Jackstraw says, there in that region are some big trails. You can really cover some ground.

Myself, I have never been riding in Ontario but most guys I meet and talk with who are from Ontario(and I've met alot)tell me not to bother cause only northern Ontario is really anything like Quebec ridng.

I apologize in advance for you not wanting to ride anywhere but Quebec after this trip.

I live in a region with a great trail network and groomed well but they are tight and twisty with some lake running mixed in so 180 miles is a workout !!

lol

Nice!

You are headed to some Super-Highway like trails the 93 from La Sarre to Seneterre is smokin. But hard to find a bad choice out there.

Trust me.

Is it varied terrain ?

Elevation changes ?

I would say the terrain varies some but no big elevation changes really. For the most part. You will love it. Big fast trails and usually not very much traffic. Signage is real good out there and the last two times i went out west we rode almost every trail out there. Been there many many times.

Where u staying in La Sarre? Villa mon Repos?

Val d'Or? Forrestal?

I would say the terrain varies some but no big elevation changes really. For the most part. You will love it. Big fast trails and usually not very much traffic. Signage is real good out there and the last two times i went out west we rode almost every trail out there. Been there many many times.

Where u staying in La Sarre? Villa mon Repos?

Val d'Or? Forrestal?

Yes and yes

• 3 weeks later...

We stay every winter at the Hotel Forestel love that place ,they cater to snowmobilers , we ussually start in Ontario and make our way to Val-Dor and then to Cochrane,

We are from Ohio and we Love Quebecs Snowmobile trails.

Enjoy your trip

Zrtkat

• 2 weeks later...