It's for Real

iceman

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't rely on wheatermans to figure how the winter will going on, they are wrong most of the time... as reliable as the horoscope! El nino winters can be snowy too, 2009-10 was nice.

Yes, we are now a bit late compare to the average years but it can change so fast, and it does many time in the past. Just last season there was no snow at all on the first day of december in the north of my area, on the 4th it fall 5 inches to the ground and we did our first ride on groomed trail on the 13. Just for fun, I compile our first ride date on groomed trail in St-Zénon area for the last years... here it goes:

13 december 2014

30 november 2013

16 december 2012

27 december 2011

11 december 2010

13 december 2009

30 november 2008

1st december2007

27 december 2006

??not sure?? 2005

5 december 2004

7 december 2003

1 december 2002

26december 2001

I'm a beleiver and I expect to hit a groomed trail in my area a week later than last year so around the 20 december...
And by your door Iceman, my bet is 31 december!
And by the way Santa exist, I seen three just today :drinks:
Alain
Edited by towing

I would like to believe but i think its going to be a late year. Yes there maybe some grooming but to put together a tour loop early will be hard.Good loops the end of January. Before we get any kind of snow we need to have at least a week of two of cold weather first to tighten up the ground and lakes. I know,i know the weather man sucks at long range but its hard to fight facts when you see comparison thermal pictures of water in the pacific ocean in 97-98(the year of the big ice storms) and this year and see how large the area and how warm the water is this year. I bet the Gaspe and eastern Quebec will make out ok this year not so sure about the North. I say January 12th.

Edited by snowfarmer

Thinking I am gonna put a prize together for the winner(s) who hit the day right on or closest to it. But you gotta be in it to win it.

Make your guess.

I think you might be on to something here Don, what do you got in store for us?

I think you might be on to something here Don, what do you got in store for us?

You have to wait for the answer to that, JG.

Keep the dates coming.

Some of you have guessed the same days, either pick another day or if it ends up being the winnning day I am only gonna take the first person who had that date in the posts.

I just called the club and gave a sizeable donation/bribe to drive the groomer by your house on my date.

That new Dodge pick up you are giving away is all but mine. Thanks in advance. Make sure a new 1200 Renegade is in the truck also. Iceman, your the best!

mike

I just called the club and gave a sizeable donation/bribe to drive the groomer by your house on my date.

That new Dodge pick up you are giving away is all but mine. Thanks in advance. Make sure a new 1200 Renegade is in the truck also. Iceman, your the best!

mike

lol

mike

I'm liking your thinking Mike! Any color works for me Don!!