It's for Real

iceman

I just called the club and gave a sizeable donation/bribe to drive the groomer by your house on my date.

That new Dodge pick up you are giving away is all but mine. Thanks in advance. Make sure a new 1200 Renegade is in the truck also. Iceman, your the best!

mike

Ha, no go there, Dodge i guess if it's free I'd take one. BTW driving by on the dirt don't count.

wow I'll be going to the UP if you're right.

They got no snow there to speak of.

I'm liking the odds for RMK and hparaptor those are the most realistic guesses so far, based on what I am seeing here.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I'm seeing so far:

mikerider Dec. 18th

actionjack 19 December

VTrider 12/21/15

mcstar December 23rd

Florida Snowman Christmas Eve

momojohnny Dec 25th

smclelan December 27th

mccaffrey December 28th

groomer dec 29th !!!

RIYAMAHA December 30th

towing 31 december!

zeusand jan 1

Pipeman Jan. 2

jeffgrah January 3, 2016

NHTOM Jan 4th

Phil 1 1/5/16

MrGutz Jan 6th

crazysnow January 7

Triggerhappy Jan 8th

PLAYHARD 1/9

stupe Jan 12th

Shane January 15th

NSHM Jan. 17th

rmk January 23

hparaptor February 1

So I guess I'm down for Sat 1/9, gotta be by then, cuz 1st trail day is scheduled for Mon 1/18.

These guys are doofesses: http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/shawinigan/g9n/january-weather/1354?monyr=1/1/2016

And these guys are l'autorité vrai: http://farmersalmanac.com/weather-outlook/2016-winter-forecast/canada-2015-16/

What’s In Store For Winter 2015-2016? GET. READY.

“Depending on where you live and how much cold and snow you like, we have bad news and we have good news. . . .”

According to the Canadian Farmers’ Almanac, the winter of 2015–2016 is looking like a repeat of last winter, at least in terms of temperatures with unseasonably cold conditions over Newfoundland, Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario. Very cold to downright frigid temperatures are once again on tap for Quebec and the Maritime Provinces.

“It’s like Winter Déjà vu,” states Geiger, adding “ last year our bitterly cold, shivery forecasts came true eastern cities and provinces. This year many of these same places may want to get a jump start now and stock up on lots of winter survival gear: sweaters, long johns, and plenty of firewood.”

HOW MUCH SNOW?!

Precipitation-wise, if you like snow, then you should head out to Quebec, Ontario, and the Maritimes where snowier-than-normal conditions are forecast.

Over Quebec and the Maritimes, we are “red-flagging” the second week of January and the second week of February for possible heavy winter weather with a protracted spell of stormy weather extending through much of the first half of March.

Here's what I'm seeing so far:

mikerider Dec. 18th

actionjack 19 December

VTrider 12/21/15

mcstar December 23rd

Florida Snowman Christmas Eve

momojohnny Dec 25th

smclelan December 27th

mccaffrey December 28th

groomer dec 29th !!!

RIYAMAHA December 30th

towing 31 december!

zeusand jan 1

Pipeman Jan. 2

jeffgrah January 3, 2016

NHTOM Jan 4th

Phil 1 1/5/16

MrGutz Jan 6th

crazysnow January 7

Triggerhappy Jan 8th

PLAYHARD 1/9

stupe Jan 12th

Shane January 15th

NSHM Jan. 17th

rmk January 23

hparaptor February 1

So I guess I'm down for Sat 1/9, gotta be by then, cuz 1st trail day is scheduled for Mon 1/18.

You forgot me ! January 12

I really like the weekend view. That's like instant trails

hi mike !!!

me too !!! a good storm could bring back many smiles !!

btw...started snowing about 3 mins ago...very light for now !!!...-6c !!!

jean-guy

That's 2 weeks out. Way too far ahead, unfortunately they are always wrong.

Might be true, instant trails indeed but at this point it will be trails to nowhere. Cause no lakes or rivers are safe to cross. Most are still wide open.

In just four short days the groomer will be going by Iceman's house.

I love the smell of victory!!!!!

This contest has separated the optimists (Dec. grooming) from the pessimists (Jan. grooming).

mike

Now That's funny. You are dreaming. Groomer might be going by in four days but it will be on a low-boy on the black trail. No cigar for dat.