It's for Real

iceman

Wow!!! what a good news to start the new year! :friends:

To be honest, a week ago being on near bare earth even in St-Zenon I was 99% sure to be wrong with my prediction!!!

I don't rely on wheatermans to figure how the winter will going on, they are wrong most of the time... as reliable as the horoscope! El nino winters can be snowy too, 2009-10 was nice.

Yes, we are now a bit late compare to the average years but it can change so fast, and it does many time in the past. Just last season there was no snow at all on the first day of december in the north of my area, on the 4th it fall 5 inches to the ground and we did our first ride on groomed trail on the 13. Just for fun, I compile our first ride date on groomed trail in St-Zénon area for the last years... here it goes:

13 december 2014

30 november 2013

16 december 2012

27 december 2011

11 december 2010

13 december 2009

30 november 2008

1st december2007

27 december 2006

??not sure?? 2005

5 december 2004

7 december 2003

1 december 2002

26december 2001

I'm a beleiver and I expect to hit a groomed trail in my area a week later than last year so around the 20 december...
And by your door Iceman, my bet is 31 december!
And by the way Santa exist, I seen three just today :drinks:
Alain

Even I don't had ride yet, the season's beginning for St-Zenon area this year is the 30 december 2015... just 10 days later than my expectations. It's the later one for the last 15 years, but not by much.

But with the weather we got this last month, I had to admit Iceman was right with his post title: It's for real!

Big thanks to all you guys especially Iceman who start this pool, it was funny during the wait for this warm season start... :help:

Happy new year :drinks:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

What a surprise !!!

When I open my prize from Mr Iceman, I was expecting a funny mug and a sticker but nope... I hit the jackpot!

DSC07488_zpsdpfcumfx.jpg

Wow!!! you don't do things by halves for sure!

Thank you again my friend!!! I owe you one :drinks:

Alain

that's awesome.

Iceman, very classy and generous. Thanks for making the slow start to the season entertaining. I hope to bump into you this winter in Shawinigan.

Ps... keep up with the good weather updates and conditions in Shawinigan area as that is the area we frequent often.

Chris

Don be careful, you wont be able to afford that new place above Onachaway throwing money around like that.

With the exchange rate like it is YOU could get that place almost half price. Whatta deal!