percé !!!!!

groomer

Snowmobilers will again call at Percé this winter. Volunteers snowmobile club Les Rocher-Percé trails reached an agreement with the owners who refused access to their land to snowmobilers last season.

The chosen solution is to slightly deflect the current track by arranging a distance of 150 feet "grip" the Way of Ireland (space owned by the City of Percé) and part of private land which bounds the road.

Snowmobile Club also will construct some culverts to facilitate maintenance of the track in the most problematic areas when there is rapid accumulation of snow.

Following the non-renewal of agreements with owners who agreed before the passage of snowmobiles, a committee was formed in January to remedy the situation.

It includes representatives of Snowmobile Clubs Rocher-Percé and Chandler, the City of Percé, the MRC du Rocher-Percé, users of the track, the Association of Gaspésie Snowmobile Clubs, the Federation Quebec clubs, hoteliers and the Perce Perce Tourism Office.

For these players, the survival of the winter tourist industry was at stake

The Rock is an icon of the Gaspesie. The are thousands of pictures taken of sledders sitting on their sleds with the Rock in the background. I have a couple of those myself. It would have been a great loss to have lost trail rights into Perce.

Good News!

The Rock is an icon of the Gaspesie. The are thousands of pictures taken of sledders sitting on their sleds with the Rock in the background. I have a couple of those myself. It would have been a great loss to have lost trail rights into Perce.

Good News!

x2

I hope that the new route will also encourage better grooming. For the sake of wives and girlfriends, that would be great b/c it can be an ugly end to an otherwise good day of riding getting in there.

Well call me "girlfriend"!

We punched out about 3/4 of the way off the 5 last season. Moguls weren't worth it.

Good thing we didn't need gas. But crappy for Roland's business.

Definitely glad to hear the plan. A Kodak-moment for sure when we've got newbies along.

Well call me "girlfriend"!

We punched out about 3/4 of the way off the 5 last season. Moguls weren't worth it.

Good thing we didn't need gas. But crappy for Roland's business.

Definitely glad to hear the plan. A Kodak-moment for sure when we've got newbies along.

No offense meant - we've only "toughed it out" when it was our destination for the night or we would also have bailed. It has always defied logic that the trail to the most iconic destination in the Gaspésie is consistently one of the worst maintained. Hopefully this will change for the better!!

No offense meant - we've only "toughed it out" when it was our destination for the night or we would also have bailed. It has always defied logic that the trail to the most iconic destination in the Gaspésie is consistently one of the worst maintained. Hopefully this will change for the better!!

VT! Absolutely no offense taken! We were proud to be so spoiled rotten to: "Say NO to ungroomed trails!" That's why we ride Quebec! And besides, I like girlfriends!