2015-2016 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

Feb 25

+2C

Light Rain now.

Carnage here with tree's down everywhere. Big Ice overnight. Then big rain.

For sure there will be issues with tree's on trails.

I even lost power for quite a while and that rarely happens.

Trails will survive this for sure not too worried about that but gonna take some clean up of all the tree's for sure.

Is it worth us coming up if we mostly do loops north of Shawinigan?

Weather looks good for weekend

Colder and says a little snow,

i'm sure it will be fine.

North or South it won't matter all the same.

Thank you for the info Iceman. We will be leaving at 4:30 in the morning. Maybe we can hook up and ride this weekend.

About 6 trucks and trailers at Drakaar looking like a full house parking wise. They got it all jammed up.

Iceman, hope all is well. I was up with Triggerhappy and you led our group on a nice loop at the end of January. I'm coming up again this weekend with another group, unfortunately not with Triggerhappy this time. Anyhow, I was wondering if it was possible to do the loop from Cabanon, up 345 to 360 and then back down towards Shawinigan and take the river you were talking about last time. I know it wasn't frozen before and some local land owner closed off a portion of the trail, then we came across some locals that brought us through a goat path back over to 23. Obviously I don't know where the goat path trail is but would like to make the loop if there is a good way to go now. Any insight would be much appreciated.

How did you make out with the rain, are the trails still decent?

Iceman, hope all is well. I was up with Triggerhappy and you led our group on a nice loop at the end of January. I'm coming up again this weekend with another group, unfortunately not with Triggerhappy this time. Anyhow, I was wondering if it was possible to do the loop from Cabanon, up 345 to 360 and then back down towards Shawinigan and take the river you were talking about last time. I know it wasn't frozen before and some local land owner closed off a portion of the trail, then we came across some locals that brought us through a goat path back over to 23. Obviously I don't know where the goat path trail is but would like to make the loop if there is a good way to go now. Any insight would be much appreciated.

How did you make out with the rain, are the trails still decent?

Trails should be just fine, we got some ice storm action so few trees here and there. River still not good, but there is an alternate trail to get you to river then back down to the 23(trail we used to go to Cabanon.)

To be sure ask trigger, but I imagine it's marked 360 to Shawinigan. Should be in the woods before we met the couple who showed us the shortcut. Between the gas (broken helmet shield) and where we met the folks who showed us the way. Should be a hard right.

Yes once you go past trail 355 north you go down 360 south about half way and you take an almost 180 hard right turn off it onto the vtt trail (atv) and follow that to the river. Take the river south and that will bring you down towards shawinigan. Take 23 west right off the river and that brings you back to cabanon.

Edited by Triggerhappy

Yes once you go past trail 355 north you go down 360 south about half way and you take an almost 180 hard right turn off it onto the vtt trail (atv) and follow that to the river. Take the river south and that will bring you down towards shawinigan. Take 23 west right off the river and that brings you back to cabanon.

What is the mileage of this route ? I know the regular way was around 240 or so a couple years ago. Looks like 23 is different than before and now only the southern half of the river is rideable so have to detour out to 360? Is that correct ?

What is the mileage of this route ? I know the regular way was around 240 or so a couple years ago. Looks like 23 is different than before and now only the southern half of the river is rideable so have to detour out to 360? Is that correct ?

Yes it would be around that.