2015-2016 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

Iceman.....

I am planning on coming up a few days before and through the free QC weekend....usually stay at the Governuer. Is there still decent access out of the hotel or should I consider staying elsewhere? Thanks for all the info you provide. I may be going solo(waiting to hear back from some riding buddies)...so if any one is there during that time and wants a riding partner let me know.

Thanks,

VTrider

Same as it's always been in and out of Gov hotel, no worries. I am planning to ride local that week starting weds. So will be around. Shoot a PM when you get in. i will have more solid plans by then. We are 3 right now.

Same as it's always been in and out of Gov hotel, no worries. I am planning to ride local that week starting weds. So will be around. Shoot a PM when you get in. i will have more solid plans by then. We are 3 right now.

Awesome, thanks iceman! Pray for more snow !!

thinking of staying at the Escapade Feb 4-7th, anyone stay there lately and how was it?

Have stayed there 4 times in last 3 years. Not this year as of yet. Snowmobile friendly, good rooms and food. Its a little off the beaten path but was always groomed nice. Gas available down one of the first few roads you cross. Look to the right.

Heading up very early in the morning. Any new snow or anything expected over the next 3 days? The reports I see from here are maybe a couple inches..

Also I found out the Drakkar doesn't sell the permits (we always picked them up at Safari) so I was wondering if anyone knows where they do close to the Drakkar (old Safari). The owner said something about a gas station across the street does?? Thanks.

Heading up very early in the morning. Any new snow or anything expected over the next 3 days? The reports I see from here are maybe a couple inches..Also I found out the Drakkar doesn't sell the permits (we always picked them up at Safari) so I was wondering if anyone knows where they do close to the Drakkar (old Safari). The owner said something about a gas station across the street does?? Thanks.

Snowing lightly now. They say 2cm. Few cm over next few days nothing crazy. Trails are fine. Not perfect like Saguenay and Gaspe but very good for snow we have had.

Yes Esso station across the street and just south from Motel right next to Subway. What are you looking for 3 day passes? Or what?

I will check there I am passing by there soon.

Edited by iceman

Thank you. Yes I believe we will grab 3 day passes. I may grab a year pass as I will probably be coming back up more long weekends and maybe a Gaspe run later in the year. Thank you for the update and the info.

Will check for passes not everywhere sells the 3 day. Is stupid but that is the way it Is. Will check.

It would be nice if there was an ATM there too as then we could grab our Canadian money all in one stop. Or if you know of an easier place to grab it??

I think they got one there but not far from Motel there is a bank in town(shawinigan sud) with one for sure. Also at the new Tim Hortons there is a store attached that has an ATM. Just north of Motel on same side can't miss it. Tim's-Petro Canada-Convience store. Right across from Metro Supermarket.

No ATM at that Esso with the trail passes. They have the 1-3-7 day and yearly pass. Can pay for pass with credit, debit, or of course cash.

Definately an ATM at the Petro Canada down the road same side as hotel. Or stop at any bank you see and use ATM.

I'll try to catch up with you tmmrw sometime. Maybe a ride on Saturday.

No ATM at that Esso with the trail passes. They have the 1-3-7 day and yearly pass. Can pay for pass with credit, debit, or of course cash.

Definately an ATM at the Petro Canada down the road same side as hotel. Or stop at any bank you see and use ATM.

I'll try to catch up with you tmmrw sometime. Maybe a ride on Saturday.

That would be great. I will let you know when we get in. A good guide for Saturday would be fantastic. Thanks again for all your help. 4 of the group I am in have never been to Canada (they are good riders) and I want to show them how incredible it is up there and want to make it as easy and smooth for them as possible. Your help is very much appreciated.

Bank ATM's are the best way to get current exchange rates without the vig.

Great support there Don! It doesn't go unnoticed.

Have a great trip Triggerhappy & I love your rig & your ride! Be safe & enjoy!

Tom

Your right Tom, none of this help and support goes unnoticed. I appreciate every ones help and want to thank you all. I have not been up in a couple years and I want to make sure I have things covered with any new changes. I want to show the new visitors a good safe and relaxing time. Thanks again for every ones help.

Best place to get money is at the border before going into Canada. There should be a place at the border. We come up 91N, I assume you are coming up 87?

I was thinking of that as well, but I don't know where exactly that would be. Maybe I will look into that now. And yes we are coming up 87. Thanks.

There is a DesJardins bank close. I have always had favorable exchanges at the bank.

2500, 5e Avenue,Shawinigan-Sud (Québec), G9P 1P6

819-536-4404

Des%20Jardin_zps4lst2xou.jpg

I think you could be my travel agent! lol Thanks for the GPS pic.

I do have a little Canadian money from summers going to Kingston Ontario with the boat for the poker run, but I will need much more. lol